Super foods in last 2-3weeks — The Bump
November 2014 Moms

Super foods in last 2-3weeks

I've been told by relatives and friends that having some foods help dilate easily. These include:
Dates, figs, ginger tea, pineapple, fish etc. basically foods that increase metabolism naturally.. Warm in nature.
one of the fellows second it with her birth story and said she was 5-6cm dilated at home with her 2 pregnancies without any significant pain and contractions when she visited hospital for routine checkup at 39weeks. 3-4hrs of labor and she was holding her baby in arms.

Any thoughts and experiences?
I'm a First time mom and have no clue what will help n what not. Read the primrose oil thread lately.

Re: Super foods in last 2-3weeks

• It can't hurt...  I have definitely heard of eating dates in the last few weeks.  
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - (C6hS)

• What's the theory behind this? Fast metabolism=easy dilation? I haven't heard of this yet.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • A number of articles are available online that says pineapple help ripen cervix due to certain enzymes in it.

This is what I asked in the first place; is there any reality to these myths or not in your previous experiences :)
    Just read the 5cm dilated thread, a number of redpondants there said they were 4-7cm dilated with absolutely no pain and sign of active labor. May be something helped or it' just happened naturally with them?

Good luck everyone. Keep smiling
    kfo22
  • Sounds made up.

But I ate pinapple core when I was prepping for IVF, so who am I to judge? :-)

N14 Nov. Siggy: CELEBRATION!
    image image
    TTC since 2011
    Aug. - Sept. 2013 - dIUIs = BFNs
    January 2014 - IVF = 3 freezer babies
    March 2014 - FET of AA and AB blast = BFP! Twins! 
    Nov. 7, 2014 - Wilhelmina "Willa" Suzanne (4lb 14oz) and Ari Jose (6lb 4oz) were born via CS
    image image

image image image image 

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    ssstephanie214[Deleted User]lizzielu82silverwings72
  • i love figs and fish and this post makes me hungry for mediterranean food. 
    BABY GIRL, 11-11-14 

silverwings72
  • Ditto on the dates, I did read a study about that. I've also heard pineapple and raspberry leaf tea, although the tea is more for contractions and labor than dilation I think.

TTC since Sept 2011, Unexplained IF
    Oct 12 - Jan 14: 3 clomid/TI cycles, 2 hysteroscopies, 2 IUIs, 1 BFP (MMC @ 12w), 2 more IUIs
    Feb 14: Gonal-f + IUI #5 = BFP! (EDD 11/4/14)
    Baby boy arrived 11/13/14!

mrsodonnell12
  • My friend was just telling me how she tried all of these things - as well as sex - and none worked. She was induced 10 days after her due date.
    mrsodonnell12silverwings72
  • Well, I've been drinking some nasty red raspberry leaf/nettles tea that I brewed up! I drink about 8 strong cups a day. Hope it does something for me.

soulcupcakemrsodonnell12silverwings72snarkylibrarian
  • Sweet! I made sticky toffee pudding yesterday, and that contains a ton of dates. That counts, right? LET'S DO THIS!

image      image

silverwings72
  • Sweet! I made sticky toffee pudding yesterday, and that contains a ton of dates. That counts, right? LET'S DO THIS!

Recipe! Recipe! I've never heard of the date thing but I'm ready to get my oxytocin ON.
    [IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/snl18l.jpg[/IMG]
    silverwings72
  • JFH2010 said:
    Sweet! I made sticky toffee pudding yesterday, and that contains a ton of dates. That counts, right? LET'S DO THIS!
    Recipe! Recipe! I've never heard of the date thing but I'm ready to get my oxytocin ON.
    I made THIS ONE! It also reheats very well.

image      image

JFH2010silverwings72
  • It doesn't hurt to try, but the amounts of these foods you would have to eat to actually get them to work are huge. I did eat some.pineapple when I was over due with dd though. It doesn't hurt to try :)
    Mom to Carter, Kendall, Kiersten and Baby O #4

BabyFruit Ticker
    silverwings72Zaufishan