December 2014 Moms

Watched anything good lately?

We had a post awhile back on what you're reading, so I thought I would see if anyone has recommendations for movies, TV shows, etc.  I'm behind on movies so is there anything you've seen in theaters this year that I should put on my Netflix list? Same with TV shows?  Also, any good fall 2014 shows I should make sure to check out?

I'd love to hear what people are watching, new or classics and get some inspiration!
EDD 12/3/14 First time Mom!

D14 Free for All

These two are just so funny...

Also, due date has come, gone and I am just so anxious to meet baby!  Please be healthy and strong baby, mama can't wait to meet you :)

Re: Watched anything good lately?

• We watched "Rush" last week and loved it. It got great reviews last year...it's about two rival Formula 1 race car drivers, their relationships, lives...I was surprised how much I enjoyed it.
    TTC since June 2011
    DH: perfect SA
    Me: 30, moderate endo, unexplained infertility
    IUI or IVF in December

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • I have Canadian netflix so not sure if the U.S netflix has the same movies but I watched "The Inevitable defeat of Mister and Pete". I've never cried so hard. It's a must see ;)
  • Gone Girl! Saw it in the theater and it was fantastic!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I just started Hell on Wheels on Netflix, just finished Doctor Who and I like Sherlock or any shows that come on TLC. So... I have pretty diverse taste.
  • I second "The Affair" on Showtime. Highly addictive! Also, the hubs and I are kinda into "How to Get Away With Murder" on....NBC (or abc? I'm sorry, I can't remember). It's pretty good so far.
    BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Gracepoint. Great tv drama. Although it is a murder mystery about a teenage boy getting killed so I get a little emotional watching it sometimes. I haven't seen any movies for awhile. Unless I would watch one on a Saturday or Sunday morning I have no hope of staying awake for one :-P
  • "Scandal" and "How to Get Away With Murder", both on ABC on Thursday nights. Absolutely addictive!
  • I have Amazon prime and watched suits and covert affairs seasons and now addicted to both shows!!
  • I second 'How to Get Away With Murder'. I have gotten sucked in :) 

Nathaniel Richard born 12/20/14
    Dating 7/2/2004 * Married 8/16/2008
  • People kept telling me to watch Revenge so I started watching it on Netflix and really like it :)
  • I second Gracepoint! Surprisingly really good!
  • My husband and I mostly just buy the shows that we are interested in and watch them on DVD (no commercials and we don't have to wait in between episodes) but it does mean we are always a season behind. So I just started The Blacklist and am really enjoying it. I have liked James Spader since Boston Legal, he is just so droll so it was one of the new shows last year I was looking forward to. Has anybody watched Black-ish this year? Any good??
  • Everyone mentioned Blacklist last time we talked tv shows here. So I watched it on Netflix and fell in love. There is a show on Netflix with Skully from X-Files. Really like it. Ah, The Fall. Someone above mentioned it. I second it.

Criminal Minds came to Netflix so I watch those episodes all the time. I love that show. 

SOA is another favorite. Old episodes are on Netflix. I'm dying to watch True Detective. Only saw two epsiodes but Woody Harrelson is awesome in it.
  • I love SOA, watching the 6th season now and am scared/in love!

Thanks for all the posts, keep them coming, adding to my netflix list now :)
    EDD 12/3/14 First time Mom!

D14 Free for All

These two are just so funny...

Also, due date has come, gone and I am just so anxious to meet baby!  Please be healthy and strong baby, mama can't wait to meet you :)
  • ssebens said:
     Has anybody watched Black-ish this year? Any good??
    We started watching black-ish a few weeks ago, after months of seeing the billboard and being like "how could this show possibly have received the green light?", because the first 5 minutes follow Modern Family (which I also recommend) and we have really enjoyed it.  The pilot was really amazing and we laughed out loud several times in the following episodes.

For those w/ Netflix, I think seasons 1-3 of The League are absolutely hysterical, but they're also extremely vulgar and feature a cast of entirely horrible people, so it may not be for everyone and I even feel guilty about watching the current season knowing our LO can hear now. :p

I also love the Big Bang Theory and think the writing this season is pretty solid given how long it's been on air, but assume most people have already made up their minds about it one way or the other.

"And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." 
    2 Corinthians 12:9

• I just finished The Following and started House of Cards.
  • Black-ish is pretty hilarious. We're serious about American Horror Story, Walking Dead, Modern Family and New Girl around here. I watched Harriet the Spy last night while I couldn't sleep- totally holds up. Anxiously awaiting Mocking Jay.
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"