September 2012 Moms

Walking dead?

Who. Has. Beth?! Seriously... I never see anything coming, and am terrible at predicting things, so tell me! 

Also, I'm glad Rick killed the Terminus people. I was worried he was going to let them go again.

Re: Walking dead?

• The theory was Father Gabriel had her because of his role in the comics. Looks like that will be different though as someone else is obviously out in the woods watching them. There is a promo online showing where Beth is if you want to watch but it doesn't give much info about that story line.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• I'm sad the group split up, again. I don't like split story lines. 

I think the person Daryl calls out to in the woods is someone from the prison but I can't think of who it would be, watching and not joining. 

I understand not wasting bullets, but Rick is better than killing those guys that way. Gross.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Loading the player...
  • hmp1 said:
    I'm sad the group split up, again. I don't like split story lines. 

I think the person Daryl calls out to in the woods is someone from the prison but I can't think of who it would be, watching and not joining. 

I understand not wasting bullets, but Rick is better than killing those guys that way. Gross.
    Me too. I was hoping when Eugene said he didn't want to go, that they would wait (for longer than 12 hours) and then all go together once Carol and Daryl returned.

I was also hoping that Bob would be saved since the bite site was cut off. 
  • jessk86 said:
    hmp1 said:

Me too. I was hoping when Eugene said he didn't want to go, that they would wait (for longer than 12 hours) and then all go together once Carol and Daryl returned.

I was hoping so too. Who would have guessed he had a shoulder bite. I thought for sure it was his foot when the zombie was under water.

I just did too much reading on the internet and found out about a couple other groups from the comic. One of them is very interesting to me.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• jessk86 said:
    hmp1 said:

Me too!

But I guess the split story lines gives them more to work with in terms of what they show each week - switching back and forth - making it more interesting for the viewing.  who knows.

And I was really hoping Bob would be saved as I thought we was bit on the leg not, the shoulder......

Finally, maybe they had to split the group because Rick is kind of getting a little crazy!!  I mean I think that the group from Terminus had to be killed but that was just a bit over the top and you could definitely tell it turned a few of his group off, just by the way they were looking at him.
    my read shelf:
    Sara (smb+jab)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)  

BFP 8/23/11 natural m/c 9/7/11 @ 6w BFP 1/16/2012 C-section 9/16/2012 Health baby boy!
  • smb+jab said:
    jessk86 said:
    hmp1 said:

Me too!

But I guess the split story lines gives them more to work with in terms of what they show each week - switching back and forth - making it more interesting for the viewing.  who knows.

And I was really hoping Bob would be saved as I thought we was bit on the leg not, the shoulder......

Finally, maybe they had to split the group because Rick is kind of getting a little crazy!!  I mean I think that the group from Terminus had to be killed but that was just a bit over the top and you could definitely tell it turned a few of his group off, just by the way they were looking at him.
    The last two groups he killed were done in a way over the top manner. I'm not into it. I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt with the dude Darryl was with because he didn't have a weapon. But grossy gross gross.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Oh yeah i forgot about that "biting" incident - Yuck!

It might be time for him to go! and maybe someone like Darryl to take over leading the group.  He's getting a bit to govern crazy lately

my read shelf:
    Sara (smb+jab)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)  

BFP 8/23/11 natural m/c 9/7/11 @ 6w BFP 1/16/2012 C-section 9/16/2012 Health baby boy!
  • How did he get bit on the shoulder with all of that gobbled up tissue, and not get a noticeable gushing stream of blood down his arm or a torn shirt?  On the leg would have made so much more sense.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Possible spoiler for next week below...

There is a pretty good internet theory that the person with Daryl is Noah from the comic book series. In the comic, Noah met Daryl (after he was shot by Merle) and went to a hospital where they were trying to find a cure but the doctor went mad and was testing on humans. Noah is kidnapped by a nurse for testing. Could explain how they intro the hospital where Beth is shown. Carol stayed to keep watch and Noah and Daryl went back to the group to get their help. And there is a character named Noah with no description in next week's episode.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• MelsaX said:
    I don't think Rick is getting too over the top in the way he kills people. The people he is killing are people that have been hurting his people, his family. I think he's angry. I think he's stopped being the nice guy that he used to be, because look where that has gotten him. Also, I think the person watching them could be Morgan. I hope it is. I'm wondering if the person/people with Daryl is a group of women and kids. Or maybe some people he managed to rescue from the hospital where Beth is being kept. One of the reasons I can think of Beth being taken to that hospital is breeding. Maybe they're collecting young people to start making more people. Or they're experimenting on them.
    This is what I was thinking, too. I mean, the guys he/they killed were luring people in and eating them... and they ate Bob! I think he had a bit of penned up anger, and was probably also kicking himself for even giving them a second chance. 
  • My original thought was that carol was carrying /aiding beth, but realistically, Daryl would be carrying her. Im glad the terminus guys are dead. I kind of knew bob wasn't bitten in the leg, because there is no way they wouldn't have noticed a major leg wound when they cut it off and started cooking him.

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • MelsaX said:
    I don't think Rick is getting too over the top in the way he kills people. The people he is killing are people that have been hurting his people, his family. I think he's angry. I think he's stopped being the nice guy that he used to be, because look where that has gotten him. Also, I think the person watching them could be Morgan. I hope it is. I'm wondering if the person/people with Daryl is a group of women and kids. Or maybe some people he managed to rescue from the hospital where Beth is being kept. One of the reasons I can think of Beth being taken to that hospital is breeding. Maybe they're collecting young people to start making more people. Or they're experimenting on them.
    I suggested that Beth was preggers when we were discussing this at work and i was looked at like I had two heads.  I think it could be possible.  they are getting low on actual living people!
    my read shelf:

• MelsaX said:

I don't think Rick is getting too over the top in the way he kills people. The people he is killing are people that have been hurting his people, his family. I think he's angry. I think he's stopped being the nice guy that he used to be, because look where that has gotten him.

Also, I think the person watching them could be Morgan. I hope it is.

I'm wondering if the person/people with Daryl is a group of women and kids. Or maybe some people he managed to rescue from the hospital where Beth is being kept.
    One of the reasons I can think of Beth being taken to that hospital is breeding. Maybe they're collecting young people to start making more people. Or they're experimenting on them.

Yeah. I don't think it's over the top either. Those people were there to kill and eat him and his kids and family.

I don't think I could think up a way slow and painful enough for them if I was in his shoes.

I also agree on the progression in his character - being nice hasn't really gotten him anything. His 'conscience' in form of Hershel is dead. He is surviving in a world of shit - I think the way his character has developed is normal.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I think being nice has gotten him everywhere. He took in the Woodbury people, he took in the Gov's SIL... People stay with him and want to be part of this group because they are the good guys. Carl gave him a little "it's ok to be the good guy in this world" speech, right? I'm not saying he needs to let the really bad guys go, they should be killed. It just doesn't need to be in a way that turns off the others in your group. They stay to be part of the "good".

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Sahara78 said:

Rick did want to go back and shoot all the Terminus people after they escaped. The others in the group were kind of repulsed with the idea, which then allowed the Terminus people to catch Bob.

I think they all (except maybe Tyrese) learned that being merciful to "bad" people can be dangerous. I was really worried that the guy Tyrese let go would end up hurting Judith. Ugh.

I do think they should have killed more people at Terminus in the beginning but I don't think people were repulsed by the idea as much as scared to lose anyone in their group. They just wanted to get the hell out of there.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• I love Walking Dead! My favorite part from Sunday's episode was when Michonne got her katana back!

I was sad to see Glenn & Maggie split from the group too. Before entering the church, Glenn said to Abraham that they were going to do whatever Rick said, and they weren't splitting up. I hated last season with everyone separated. When Abraham told his group to leave, even Eugene said he didn't want to leave. They left with the bus. They can only go so far before running out of gas. Since Daryl came back, the rest if the group can leave to try and catch up with the bus. They're only behind by one day. Who knows if Eugene or going the DC will work. We'll see....

And it's strange that Maggie hasn't asked about Beth or shows any worry it concern about her. Very few ppl have any family left after the zombie apocalypse. Daryl already mentioned that they were together for a while and she's alive, but then someone kidnapped her.

And Judith has been such a quiet baby. She finally fussed a little in the last episode for Terminus ppl to hear them. I'd be dead if my kids had to be quiet to save our lives. She's got to be over a year old now. She's been on for over 1 season. She needs to look more grown up.

I'm glad Terminus ppl are gone! Gareth was so creepy, especially when talking to Bob while eating his leg.

According to Talking Dead, this season is suppose to be totally kickass and devastating with major deaths. I agree with kickass but not looking forward to characters dying. My favorite is Daryl, like most people. It's probably not going to be him. I read online that Daryl possibly would have been killed off a couple seasons ago, but word got out about it & fans sent death threats to the show. They changed their mind. So Daryl will probably be sticking around.

I think Morgan was with Daryl at the end. He acted too weird for it to be Carol. I hope Morgan doesn't turn into an enemy. We'll find out about Beth next episode. Beth is a country singer in real life. Maybe she hasn't been around because she busy doing other projects or concerts. When she was singing to Judith at the prison, I thought she had a great voice.

I look forward to Sundays! Is it Sunday yet?
  • I don't think being nice has done anything for Rick other than getting the 'innocent' bystanders killed. Shane was right, he needed to toughen up and quick.

Yep. And it looks like he finally does.

I still hope someone is gonna get a wrap or baby carrier together for Judith. For fuck's sake, hands free baby carrying. How does nobody rip off a curtain somewhere?!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"