November 2014 Moms
Options

Pregnancy and Body Image

2»

Re: Pregnancy and Body Image

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    BIG Thank you to all for sharing your good/bad stuff!!! 

It really helps to know I'm not alone in some of my feelings!  I've been struggling with body image for a while & what's MOST frustrating to ME is that dare I ever voice how I feel about weight gain or stretch marks or anything that's changed I feel like I'm patronized. Like ppl will either pat my head & say "silly preggy, you're just hormonal" or I get the 'eye roll' accompanied by being told "oh like YOU'VE ever had a real weight problem!" Or "you're not FAT you're PREGNANT" (I'm a tall girl, have always been thinnish so even if I 'only gained 30 lbs' it's still me bigger then I personally have ever been & that rough on one's ego!).... guess what to the pregnant person 'fat' verses 'pregnant' doesn't really matter when I can't tie my shoes w/o gasping for air!  I am OF COURSE grateful for my baby & realize that being pregnant means my body has to change & being big means baby is growing/healthy etc... but come on are we not allowed to have normal human emotions about it?? Regardless of what we all looked like before, we'll all be a bit different after & for those of us who are doing this for the first time ever, we are also facing a gigantic life change & I'm sorry but that's kinda scary as much as it's exciting.  I'm sure my hormones are just torturing me, but I'm really struggling right now with my self esteem.  I'm thankful that my DH has been so great & supportive & kept communication open with me...but I'm also super grateful for YOU ladies bc sometimes I feel so very alone in the feelings & it's nice to be able to read form others & know that the thoughts I have are not crazy & that 'this too shall pass'.  Thanks for letting me vent!!! <3 
  • Options
    I'm already bitter because I went to lululemon to buy bigger yoga pants yesterday and the largest size they had (10) is super tight. I got it anyway. They fold down nicely under my bump, so I can't really blame my bump. I have to own up to the fact that I've gained almost 50 pounds. That is a lot!
    It's a girl! Due November 22, 2014
  • Options
    I would also like to point out that Hayden Panettiere had admitted to gaining 40 pounds so far. Makes me feel a little better. Not that I started anywhere near her 106, but whatever...
    It's a girl! Due November 22, 2014
  • Options

SNIP

Anyway, I would love to be a part of a support group if you guys would have me! Body image has always been tough for me and right now I am at a number I can't even make sense of... I'm only 5' tall and so 5 freaking pounds is noticeable on me. I'm nervous to start the loosing journey.

This. I'm a small human in general, so every kilo is noticeable on me too!
    & heading into Summer just after baby comes (Southern Hemisphere) means I have no coats to hide underneath :/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"