August 2014 Moms

Hooray for lanolin

My poor nipples hurt like hell between pumping, nursing, comfort nursing and LO biting down because of teething. Lanolin has helped but they still hurt. Anything else that you ladies know to help the soreness?

Re: Hooray for lanolin

• I loved Medela's tender gels when I had soreness. Also, teething?! My LO is 10 weeks old and I am EBF and pumping for a stash. Needless to say, I haven't considered teething and am now slightly terrified. :-S
    How old is your LO?
  • He just turned 3 months. We took him to the pedi to double check and sure enough you can see tiny lines where they are coming in on the bottom. It's not been fun
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh man. That complicates things for sure. I'm sorry for your boobs and apparently mine in the future. Try the tender gels if you can. They are reusable and feel like aloe going on a sunburn. So goooooood.
  • Thank you for the tip! I've never heard of them but they sound wonderful:-) I will be purchasing those tomorrow
  • I've only used Lanolin when needed and it's worked great for me except for the stickiness. When it was bad I just sat around topless for a bit after applying the lanolin.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"