One & Done: Only child

Can I AW?

So-- I don't know if I have discussed this much on this site/ board, but Josie has pretty much been on the very late ends of normal for all of her milestones-- walking, talking etc.  At 20 months, she had maybe 3 words, so we had her evaluated for EI-- and she was eligible.  Because of the late walking (16m) she was also behind in gross motor and fine motor skills, so she has been on a very tight schedule of therapies-- she's got 3 different therapists that come to the house and/ or daycare 2-3 times a week for a total of 6 hours (per week).

The one year mark has just passed and we had a re-evaluation.  She completely tested out of PT and OT, and has progressed in her speech enough to only need one 45 minute session a week (as opposed to two 1 hour sessions.)  I am so happy for her. 

Sorry for the AW, but I am really relieved.  Any advice on if we should do something nice for her therapists that have been so helpful?  Would a thank you card be enough?

Anyone need to AW something?

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

Re: Can I AW?

• That's great to hear!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Way to go Josie!
    My Book Blog

my read shelf:
    Denise's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks for letting me AW guise!! 

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Awww yeah, go Josie!! Congrats mama :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Throwing leaves <3
  • I have an AW!
    When I picked DS up today, his teacher mentioned that he's participating more when they sing & dance. Apparently, he used to just sit there & do his dramatic 'I'm going to close my eyes & pretend no one is here' face which is funny to me because at home, he does his version of singing & dances. It's like he was absorbing it in school & then performs at home. I'm glad he's doing it more now in school. 
    This is awesome!  Sounds like he's coming out of his shell a bit. As a formerly painfull shy child I can relate.  Now I am just regular shy-LOL.

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Yay Josie! That's awesome news!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Yay! That's definitely AW worthy. :)
  • AgoAgo member

Yay Josie! Sounds like you did a lot of work with her too, mama.

@namastebiotches, my daughter did some of this when she first went into dance class. My friend sent me an article of a mom reflecting on her daughter doing the same thing, just stand there in class. As it turns out, she was just absorbing it all and didn't want to do the dance until she did it exactly right. Everyone learns in their own way! My daughter now participates much better a year later, but I think it is because she is just older and more mature. Sounds like your guy is taking it all in!

University of Kansas alum Geoff Folker applies food coloring to his snow sculpture at his home on Park Street in Olathe, Kan., on Sunday, March 24, 2013.  A storm that dumped up to 15 inches of snow on parts of Colorado and Kansas is making its way east, with winter storm warnings and advisories issued for today and tomorrow as far east as Pennsylvania. (AP Photo/The Kansas City Star, John Sleezer)

January OAD Siggy Challenge: Creative Snow Sculptures

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"