April 2014 Moms

Snap 'n Go Stroller-are you still using yours?

ccollins06ccollins06 member
edited October 2014 in April 2014 Moms
Sorry if this has already been asked. If you are a snap 'n go user, do you still use it to snap into your stroller or have you switched or converted your stroller? LO looks so big in there these days and I'm sure he would appreciate facing out, but he falls asleep in the car quite often, so I'm hesitant. I should note, it is a crapshoot whether he stays asleep once I put him in the stroller, so I'm thinking I should just bite the bullet.

Off BC since 9/10;TTC since 7/11
Me: 31 DH: 31
DX: PCOS/anovulatory/Hypothyroid
SA: normal
HSG: all clear
5 cycles of Clomid/Femara + TI
IUI #1 (7/16/12) Femara 2.5,+ Trigger=BFN
Treatment break Aug. 2012-June 2013
IUI #2 (7/27/13)=BFP!!!
Beta #1 @ 13dpiui --145!
Beta #2 @ 19dpiui--2,550!
BabyFetus Ticker

Snap 'n Go Stroller-are you still using yours? 122 votes

Yes, we still snap 'n go all day, 'erday
37% 46 votes
No, we've made the switch and haven't looked back
30% 37 votes
N/a, we've used a convertible from the get-go
19% 24 votes
SS-please elaborate below
12% 15 votes

Re: Snap 'n Go Stroller-are you still using yours?

• We stopped using that feature of our stroller around 3.5 months. He's been using the regular stroller (facing out) since about 2.5 months and we switched to the convertible seat about a month or so ago.
  • @SarahL2P‌ that's another consideration I didn't even think of-cold weather. It gets very cold here and the thought of getting out of the carseat and fussing with buckling into stroller in the bitter cold is not appealing.

But, by that logic we'll be in it until NEXT April-yay for brutally long winters and lake-effect snow in NE Ohio!

IUI #2 (7/27/13)=BFP!!!
    Beta #1 @ 13dpiui --145!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @lalamama81, do you live in cold or warm weather climate? I haven't figured out the cold-weather logistics of babywearing. If I'm wearing I usually pop him in right out of the car, but in the winter I'm thinking I'll just want to get out of the cold ASAP...but then I'll have my coat to worry about too. FTM problems!!

IUI #2 (7/27/13)=BFP!!!
    Beta #1 @ 13dpiui --145!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I never got a snap n go either. She hates the infant seat so I take her out no matter where we go, sleeping or awake. If its too cold to stand outside a couple minutes I put her in her carrier in the backseat. My stroller reclines flat so I layed her down in the early days.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Still snapping the car seat in as well. I will til he's too big. It's the easiest way to do errands.

• We had a stroller caddy that the car seat fit into. The kid is too long for it now! We were just gifted a Bob (SO claims he is going to start jogging...hmmmm) so we switched to that.
  • I'm using the Chicco Liteway stroller now and really like it. For quick trips in the store she's in the sling

DD on a recent trip to London. 3 yrs old.
    EDD 4/7/18
    MC 5/20/17 @8 wks
  • It depends. I'll bring her into the grocery store in her carrier because I can push her in the cart. Our stroller has the snap carrier option, a bassinet which we stopped using a long time ago, or the normal stroller seat that can face forward or back at me. Once she's sitting up well I'm getting a convertible and ditching the carrier. It's just so heavy! But yea, lately I've just been taking her out and putting her in the stroller. It's a pita for me but she likes getting out of the carrier.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • SS-I don't have a snap n' go, I don't know what that is, but I am assuming it's some sort of travel system?? I have an Orbit G3 and it's still my go-to errand stroller. Facing out while strolling is not an issue because I can rotate the car seat whatever direction I want, but I prefer to have LO face me. Grocery trips where I have a lot to buy, I wear the Ergo 360 because there is no room for groceries if I were to put his seat in the cart, and my seat does not clip onto a shopping cart, otherwise I snap him into his stroller base and grab a hand basket. I switched to my Bob for walks though because it is just way better for that purpose.
  • chichi589chichi589 member
    edited October 2014
    Depends on the day/what were doing/ his mood lol i use it for errands but if were going for a walk or doing something for extended periods of time he's in his stroller/wrap/being carried. He's moody.
  • @sandbridge1030‌, I'm glad you mentioned you like it, that's what I'm using, but it's the 'plus' model that allows you to snap in the infant seat and then convert it later. I don't think it's terribly complicated to switch back and forth between the two options, but also not something I'll want to be messing around with regularly.

IUI #2 (7/27/13)=BFP!!!
    Beta #1 @ 13dpiui --145!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • We haven't switched yet mostly because we haven't gotten a new carseat yet. And I hate waking her up if I don't have too
  • Am I the only one letting LO sit in the cart top by himself? He sits well on his own and pulls himself to that position now so I have no issues letting him sit there.
  • edited October 2014
    Sold the snap and go back in August. I recline my stroller and LO is fine in it.

I baby wore DS1 exclusively and live in a cold climate. In the fall he wore a fleece suit from North Face, and once it was colder he was in his snowsuit. I just zipped up my jacket, put the Beco on over top, and popped him in. My jacket has a zipper cover so he wasn't bothered by that. You could also put a receiving blanket between you and him if the zipper on his face is what you're concerned about. I will probably wear LO a fair bit this winter as well.

Eta: I put LO in the cart as well. He LOVES it!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
    VOTE on my Name List
  • We rarely use the snap n go - mostly just if we're going to be at a restaurant and want a place for LO to hang out besides our arms, since he can't sit unassisted yet. For errands we use the ergo, and for big outings we use our jogging stroller.
    TTC #1 since August 2012 |  BFP August 17th, 2013  |    EDD April 25th, 2014
    Living with Vestibulodynia (Chronic pelvic pain)

• LO grew out of his bucket seat, so now he sits front-facing in the stroller. I wear him in the Ergo for big shopping trips, but usually I walk him in the stroller to the local grocery store and only buy what I can haul back. Really hope my stroller is decent in the snow!
  • ccollins06ccollins06 member
    edited October 2014
    @snowbound, yes he sits up in the cart too, but for situations where we're not grocery shopping, (mall walks, park, etc.) I was curious what others his age were doing.  He's still the only one in A14 I think still using his swing, so maybe we need to work on transitions;)

ETA, posted too soon.

IUI #2 (7/27/13)=BFP!!!
    Beta #1 @ 13dpiui --145!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @ccollins06‌ my DD still loves her swing. Lol. I baby wear In the store after too many people tried touching her while shopping. But we use our jogging stroller now without the infant seat on walks and other outings.
    Me = 28
    DH = 29
    Multiple loss mama
    Rylie: Born 04.2014
    Haley: Born 07.2017
    Emily: Born 08.2019

• Love, love, love my snap-n-go. I got it for $5 at a consignment sale and it was by far the best purchase i made. I love that i can slide it behind the passenger seat so it doesn't even take up truck space if i need the trunk for something else. I was so excited to use our expensive stroller before DD was born but the logistics of taking her out and then buckling her in again make me never want to use it unless we are going on a legit walk.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Just put her in here for the first time yesterday and she loved it. AND all of my booze could easily fit in the cart. ;)

DD on a recent trip to London. 3 yrs old.
    EDD 4/7/18
    MC 5/20/17 @8 wks
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"