Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Not happy

anyone else's LO not all that happy when they are awake? My LO was seven weeks on Saturday and just isn't a happy guy when he's awake . If so, anything you've tried help?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Not happy

• I have a grumpy baby too. I'm hoping he grows out of it because he is driving me nuts. He also takes super short naps all day. Thank God he sleeps at night or I would go insane!
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was googling "unhappy baby" last week myself. He's 8 weeks on Thursday but in the last week or so I have noticed he is much more alert and thankfully in a better mood. I think as they acclimate to living outside the womb, and getting comfortable they get more playful and pleasant. I think my little guy had some digestive issues but they seem to have resolved and now he is smiling and making little baby sounds! Give your LO time and they will become happier!
  • Loading the player...
  • Yep you need some time.  My LO is almost 11weeks old now and he's only 1/2 as grumpy as he use to be:-)  I read an article (wish I could find it again) that between birth and 4 weeks babies kind of have an automatic shut-off button that they simply fall asleep when they become over-stimulated.  At about 4 weeks this shut-off stops working and until about 12 weeks they simply become over stimulated very easily AND still don't possess the ability to self-sooth so they cry...a lot.
    I'm hoping my LO still keeps improving, because it sucks when you feel like you are doing something wrong and can't find anything to soothe them.
  • I am in the same boat! My LO is 5 and a half weeks and other than when he's eating, he's pretty fussy during the day. Thankfully he sleeps pretty well during the night but the days are tough when I don't know why he's upset.
  • I am in the same boat. Baby is nearly 6 weeks and crys when not feeding or sleeping. She has absolute meltdowns in evening for 2-3 hours. So hard to see her so unsettled. I really hope it will get better.
  • Its gas guys. Little babies have bad gas no matter how much u burp them. If they seem fussy push their kneea to their chest over and over. It helps break up gas bubbles and pass them. After a bit they will be calm. Hopefully. As long as formula isnt hurting their tummies
  • ashjfort said:

Its gas guys. Little babies have bad gas no matter how much u burp them. If they seem fussy push their kneea to their chest over and over. It helps break up gas bubbles and pass them. After a bit they will be calm. Hopefully. As long as formula isnt hurting their tummies

I had tried that and gripe water...nothing helped, so pretty sure it was not gas. We seem to be moving beyond this phase those luckily- 8 weeks today. Getting smiles finally too :). Some babies are just fussy...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I understand! My LO went through this phase for a few weeks and it was hard. It gets better! DS didn't start smiling until around 7weeks and it got better from there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"