1st Trimester
Options

When are you telling?

DH and I decided we are going to wait to tell our immediate family after my first U/S which is scheduled the day before Thanksgiving (sigh I hate waiting that long). We are probably going to tell others (distant family/friends) at 12 weeks, which we did for our first. I am nervous about our annual friend holiday party but figured I can always say I am the designated driver and that is why I am not drinking. When are you going to tell people? How will you do it?
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

BabyFruit Ticker

http://media.giphy.com/media/itcEfP0RuRfQk/giphy.gif
July '15 January Siggy Challenge: Snow Fails/Fun

Re: When are you telling?

• Options
    With DD1 we waited until we were out of 1st tri to tell anyone.  With DD2, we told very few people early on.  With this one, we started telling people slowly around 9 weeks.  I would probably tell everyone by now except I am waiting to tell my mom so I can't tell my kids yet either.  Because of both of these, I have to avoid all people with Facebook access or big mouths.  And I pretty much gave up on the cute ways to tell.  I might record my girls reactions but other than that people have just been like 'oh, okay' (or 'oh no' in the case of my grandmother).  Gets significantly less exciting with each baby after the first.  
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers 
                             Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    We're planning on waiting until Christmas. I have a "I'm the big brother" shirt I'll stick DS in and let him loose at the holiday parties. People will figure it out pretty quick. We may tell parents before then.

Started TTC Nov. 2011 

1st clomid cycle June 2012- No response :: HSG August 2012- Left tube blocked, right tube clear :: 2nd clomid cycle Aug. 2012 BFN :: 3rd clomid cycle Sept. 2012 :: BFP Sept 30th :: DS born 6/15/13 :: BFP #2 7/29/14 M/C 8/5/14 :: BFP#3 10/20/14 DD born 7/1/2015 :: Applied to be surrogate April '17 :: Transferred 1 Embryo for IFs Dec. '17 :: Surro Babe born 9/11/18 :: Started 2nd Journey May '19 :: Transferred 1 Embryo for new IFs 9/24/19 :: HB 138 at 6w6d

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"