Trouble TTC a Sibling
Options

Monday morning bitch/dear diary

My mom was supposed to have a hysterectomy last week due to fibroids that have caused her issues for years. She canceled last minute because her blood pressure was a little high and didn't feel comfortable doing the surgery with it high.

I understand that and told her to do whatever she is comfortable with. I've been super supportive over the past year with various things.

She didn't want to see the kids when we were in town right before surgery because one of the kids had a cold. Even though she canceled, she didn't want to see them because her high blood pressure makes her really tired and she can't do anything.

She hasn't seen them since the beginning of August. All she has to do is sit on the couch and we'll stop for 20 minutes. The kids don't scream and climb all over, so she wouldn't have to wrestle kids or anything.

We live 6 hours away so we don't get to see family often and it's an ordeal taking 2 toddlers on a 6 hour drive one way. This was the third time she didn't want to see the kids since we saw her last.

My brother and sister don't talk to her or me so she's the only family I have. She will call me up and talk to me to complain about XYZ and tell me I shouldn't have anymore kids, and whines that she doesn't get to see her grandkids.

I'm just so frustrated and hurt. Sorry for the long rant. I don't have anyone out here to talk to since we live in the middle of nowhere.

If you made it through this, I owe you cookies.

Re: Monday morning bitch/dear diary

• Options
    So sorry @millimeter. I know she is your mom but she sounds extremely selfish! It's hard going through medical issues but if you want to see the kids, then see them when they are around! If you choose to not see them, I wouldn't be ok hearing about how you never get to see them. We have very little family around and those that are around do similar things. My parents are 2 hours away but they never come here - yet they complain when I don't feel like driving 2 hours each way with a toddler for some silly party or lunch. Traveling 6 hours with two toddlers does not sound fun!! Hugs to you!

BFP #1: 05/2012 DS born 12/30/12

BFP #2: 02/2014 Natural M/C 03/2014 @ 7 weeks

BFP #3: 06/2014 EDD: 02/17/2015 M/C @ 7w2d, D&E 7/15/14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I'm sorry you are going through this! I wold be really upset if my mom didn't want to see my kids as well. We live far from family as well and some are more involved than others. DH's best friend is known as Uncle D to DS. He is more involved and active in DS' s life than my own brothers. Hopefully your mom will get out of her funk after her surgery!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. We have good friends that are aunts and uncles as well. I just need to focus on those that are there for the kids.

It's crazy how so many people share similar issues!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"