Parenting
Options

What time is it? It's drinking time!

Said to the time of Bubble Guppies 'time for lunch' song. #toddlermom

Currently enjoying a gin and tonic while Squeaker has some diaper free time, hubby make pizza from scratch and I read Gone girl.

Re: What time is it? It's drinking time!

• Options
    DH is here so I went out for a bit. Now, DH is asleep and DD is asleep and I am bored. 
    My daughter is my hero.
  • Options
    JNerdJNerd member
    edited October 2014
    @TheNialler‌ ller sorry (hugs). Hard days are hard.
    Wanna talk about it?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Dh worked almost 24 hours and then spent the afternoon with us, so he's passed out right now.

I'm twitchy. The baby was screaming and DS was acting up and I'm so glad they're in bed right now. I'm going to pour wine in a bit.

image image
  • Options
    I'm also a little sad.

The man who was the college president during my college years died suddenly this morning. Some reports and the alumni rumor mill are saying it was suicide.

He was such a good man. My college nearly went bankrupt due to sketchy shot from the previous president. This guy came out of retirement and turned it around and really cared about the students and school. He went to club meetings and ate with students. I had dinner at his house two to three times a year and spoke with him often, and I wasn't even one of the students who were closest to him. He truly saved our college from financial ruin and was wonderfully kind on top of that.

They had this retirement/graduation shindig when he was leaving and my class graduating. There was a LOT of wine, but somehow he didn't get a glass of red and when he and I were joking around he grabbed mine and took a sip. It sounds dumb, but it was funny.

I'm just kind of shocked he's gone. After he retired he became mayor of the college town and did a lot of good there. His death is such a loss. I haven't spoken to him in years, so I feel like I shouldn't feel sad, but I do.

image image
  • Options
    I really would like a drink after this day, but I am sick, so water and tea it is. A is napping later than normal, but she needed it.

Going to watch the Giants shortly.

Go Giants!!
  • Options
    Am wishing I had grabbed a drink before coming upstairs to put the baby to bed.
    I plan on hiding out in here until DS is asleep. Then drinking more.
  • Options

JNerd said:

@TheNialler‌ ller sorry (hugs). Hard days are hard.
    Wanna talk about it?

Thanks.
    It's just been the typical MIL shit. She's been playing favorites with the grand kids again and DH called her on her shit. Apparently it's my fault, she doesn't like my anxiety so she doesn't want to come around to visit. Same ole' ,same ole'.

Fuck her! If you had diabetes would she not let you around? Anxiety is a disease like any other. HUGS.

Harry Styles = Life Ruiner

There’s a lightning in your eyes I can't deny
    Then there’s me inside a sinking boat running out of time
    Without you I'll never make it out alive
    But I know, yes, I know we’ll be alright
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    J. 1.14.13 my reason for breathing 
  • Options
    Got my solo grocery trip after all this afternoon & just finished up homemade pizzas for dinner. Am about to clean the kitchen up then play some pool with DDs.

DS refused to nap today so I foresee a meltdown happening soon. My tooth is killing me tonight & I just took 1/2 a pain pill I had left over from delivery. Ice cream will be had shortly. DQ Reese blizzard to be exact. Its left over from last night & calling my name....
  • Options
    Chickie79 said:

DS has already been asleep for an hour. MH is asleep on the couch. I hear Netflix calling my name!

Jealous!!

• Options
    We just watched an old David Blaine special (we are too cool). I'm pretty sure he's actually magic. He's definitely insane.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
                                         DS is 1DAF

"I realize I say the word fuck a lot, and I'd like to apologize but I don't give a shit." -Lewis Black
  • Options
    I can't decide if I should have a whiskey first, then beer, or just go for the beer. I started drinking around 4 and have reached the headache portion due to not drinking enough to stay tipsy because I'm responsible and shit. 

• Options

I've said this before (in a drinking thread when we talked about criminal minds) but the one with Hotchner's wife being killed was the worst episode ever.

I've never seen this show but now I wanna watch this episode cause you've mentioned it a couple time now. It must be a good one!
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"