Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Intro and questions / sorry it's long

Hi, I'm crossing over from they board. Some background.

My 9week ultrasound showed 5 weeks 4 days growth.

Took two more weeks before I could get a follow up us- showed no change. Took a blood test and was meant to have a repeat but doctors didn't forward the referral. Took another 3 days to get second bloods.

I was referred to a gynaecologist at the hopsital and my doctor said to go in first thing in the morning (yesterday) then just before I went in the hopsital rang to say they are putting it off until next week.

This is just an appointment to go through options of what to do for missed miscarriage. Not to get it started that will be another appointment!!!!

Meanwhile my baby stopped growing at 5 weeks 4 days and I should be 12 weeks next week. :(

My questions are- I've had brown spotting starting In between first and second us. I thought it was start of a miscarraige but second us showed a closed cervix and everything in tact just no growth And a small hemerraige
My spotting has turned to more red blood and a little bit heavier not period like tho. but not consistent. No pain at all. Could this be a a long start of a miscarraige. Can it come with no pain or heaviness?

Also if it's bleeding from somewhere else I'm really torn on whether to have a d&c or go natural with meds to bring it on. I work full time, my partner works shift away and I have a 2year old. I want to try again as soon as I can and it's dragged so long now I just want to see an end.

Re: Intro and questions / sorry it's long

• I am so sorry for your loss. (Hugs)

As for your question, the mc would be very intense bleeding and cramping. Brown blood is old blood. You would notice clots and would pass a grayish sac. My mc carried on for 4 weeks. I understand what you mean by it dragging on and just wanting it to end. Mine did rev up and passed. It sounds like yours has not. Bring these concerns to your dr. For your health- retained tissue can lead to infection- you may need to have a medicated or d/c. See the sticky at the top for experiences that women have shared. It may help you make your decision.

Me: 31 DH: 36
    Dated Since ‘02, Married in ‘06
    BFP#1 05/16/06, EDD01/16/07, MC 06/12/06 at 8 weeks
    BFP #2 08/14/14, EDD 04/22/15, MC 09/17/14 at 9 weeks

My Chart

• I am so sorry for your loss.  

My doctor strongly encouraged me to have a d and c for my d and c.  I also work full time and my doctor explained that it would be easier for us to start again soon.  However, there are many different schools of thought on this.  I would talk to your doctors for your options.  
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm really sorry for your loss and so sorry they are dragging it out. I don't have much advice, I opted for cytotec to induce but I'm still bleeding 2 weeks later.
  • Sorry for your loss. The meds were a horrid experience for me and it dragged on over a few months due to retained tissue. This last time (6 weeks ago) I had a suction d&c done, it won't scar like the old d&c. That was great, and everything went back to normal at 2 weeks.
    Married to a wonderful man

TTC since 2001

4 losses - last one in september 2014 (9 weeks - male trisomy 15)

High FSH and low ovarian reserve

Ever hopeful that one day my dreams will come true
  • A week after the heartbeat stopped I started having brown spotting. It was only when I wiped about once a day for a couple of days. At my next appointment, I found out the heartbeat stopped (on a Monday). The following Friday night, I had minor cramps. Nothing as bad as period cramps (but mine are almost debilitating). The following day I started bleeding, but only when I wiped and not every time. On Sunday, the bleeding was more frequent and a little heavier. Sunday night the miscarriage really started. At this point, I was 11 weeks 4 days pregnant, but the heartbeat stopped at 9 weeks (even).
    Therefore, for me it took almost 3 weeks to miscarry naturally. I heard if can be anywhere from 2-6 weeks.
    With your husband working shifts, make sure someone is home with you if you start bleeding heavily. For me, this sounds terrible, but it was like diarrhea out the front end. In about 2.5 hours, I lost so much blood I passed out. I ended up in the ER, so it can be a terrifying experience.

Good luck and keep us updated. I know the whole "limbo" thing sucks.
  • @4N6s‌ your story is now becoming mine. I started getting period cramps but not too bad I used to have really bad ones as a teenager (really bad) and I started to pass lots of palm size clots. Luckily my partner came home from shift that night at 9. I passed Atleast 1/3 palm sized clots every hour for 6 hours with blood as well but wasn't in pain. I guessed my body was doing it naturally before my appointment Monday (which is today now)
    Anyway next day bleeding calmed down until about 4pm Sunday and then the moderate to high cramps started :( and clots and bleeding again for another 6 hours then quietened. I thought my body must have finished it all off.

This morning (Monday in Australia) I finally went to the appointment she checked me and said my uterus felt bulky still, and sent me for an ultrasound and also a full blood count as I felt drained and dizzy.

Ultrasound showed a fair bit of stuff still in there :( so I'm booked for an emergency d&c tomorrow.

I got home and about 3pm felt like I was giving birth I was in so much pain and passed a lot more blood and palm sized clots. Each time I feel more drained and dizzy it's crazy... They didn't even give me pain meds :(

I find out in the morning if I still, after this afternoon have retained products and will go in for my d&c.

This is def an experience I hope not to do again and feel so much for those who go through more then one.
  • @skd88 Heating pad and tylenol help. (Hugs)

Me: 31 DH: 36
    Dated Since ‘02, Married in ‘06
    BFP#1 05/16/06, EDD01/16/07, MC 06/12/06 at 8 weeks
    BFP #2 08/14/14, EDD 04/22/15, MC 09/17/14 at 9 weeks

My Chart

• What flyoffeve said, heating pad was a life saver for me. I'm sorry you're going through this *hug*
    I am not sure how to say this without getting a "solicitation" warning so I guess I just say that I am not longer active on THIS site. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"