Breastfeeding
Options

Need help, not nursing

I posted yesterday about my 9.5m DD refusing to nurse on the left side. Today she is refusing to nurse all together. She won't latch on, she turns away right away and will fight to sit back up. At one point she got close, but I could tell she was going to bite. Her mouth was slightly opened and she was looking at me hesitantly. 

I tried offering her some BM in a cup a few times and she spit it out. 

I've been pumping but my output is terrible (I only have a manual pump). This morning I got less than ½ oz total, from both sides (after she refused to nurse at her usual time). 

I do believe she's teething and I am wondering if I also startled her once when she bit me. 

Is it a bad sign that she's not nursing, I'm not feeling any engorgement and my pumping output is nearly nil? I'm starting to stress a lot about this, which I know is not helping matters either. 

Her diapers seem ok, though she isn't having as many wet diapers as usual. How many are they supposed to have at this age? 

I don't know what to do. 
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Need help, not nursing

• Options
    I would take her in and have her checked for an ear infection.  Will she drink water? Hows her solids intake?
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    She's been drinking water @mommatotwo2. Her solid intake has decreased in the past week as well, but she ate a little better today.

I got her to nurse for a few minutes before bed tonight, but I had given her some Advil before putting her in the tub.

If tomorrow is not better, I plan on bringing her in.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"