September 2012 Moms
Options

Read With Me Scout/Violet

Just wanted to let you ladies know that DS got the Read With Me Scout for his birthday from my SIL. It's super cute. He doesn't fully get the concept yet that Scout reads book with him (he'd rather bop him on the head to "turn the page") but it's a great gift especially with Christmas coming.

I received a code in my email from Leap Frog for anyone planning on ordering from there. It's $15 off $50 and the code is CANDY. Scout is currently $28.99 on Leap Frog and Violet is $34.99 with free shipping.

Re: Read With Me Scout/Violet

• Options
    why is the 'girl' version of things always more expensive??? It doesn't make sense! 

Thanks for the suggestion, though :) Jasper loves his singing Scout!
  • Options
    jessk86 said:
    why is the 'girl' version of things always more expensive??? It doesn't make sense! 

Oh I know. So dumb! If it makes you feel better I'm pretty sure "Violet" in any form has the same voice as Scout. That's not weird right? Just slap some purple on with the name Violet and charge $10 more!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Pokedot said:
    jessk86 said:

Oh I know. So dumb! If it makes you feel better I'm pretty sure "Violet" in any form has the same voice as Scout. That's not weird right? Just slap some purple on with the name Violet and charge $10 more!

I've taken deals like this to target and gotten the girl version price matched before.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    RivaJam said:

Yes they are. I did know that but wanted to share the coupon code for anyone interested in purchasing more from Leap Frog. :)

• Options
    shiggybop said:
    We have both scout and violet and they're great. Anthony got his from mil when he was 10 months. He now will "read" the whole book with scout. We're asking for more of these books for Xmas because I have all of ours memorized because he loves then so much.

Do you have the stuffed animal or the tag reader? Based on my googling you can't get extra books for the stuffed animal but can get others for the tag device. @shiggybop‌
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We have the basic Scout from his first birthday is it worth it to upgrade to this version?
  • Options
    We have the basic Scout from his first birthday is it worth it to upgrade to this version?

The basic Scout sings, talks, bedtime music. This one actually has a collar that has numbered buttons 1-5 and corresponding books that go with. Your child is encouraged to "read" the books with Scout. So when it's time to turn the page you bop Scout on the head haha and turn the page. It'll keep reading. Scout also points out specific thigns within the pictures of the book to get them to participate more. It's very cute. I'd say upgrade. This one you don't put in favorite foods, your child's name etc. It's more off the shelf and ready to go.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"