Pittsburgh Babies
Options

prenatal visit to Pediatrician?

Did you/ will you do this? When is an appropriate time to do it? (I'm due 1/2) I am hoping to use Bellevue Pediatrics, but I need to know if they will accept my insurance and didn't know when would be a good time to talk with them.

Re: prenatal visit to Pediatrician?

• Options
    asm07asm07 member
    edited October 2014
    I was due in February of last year, and we started meeting with pediatricians in November. When you call to set up an appointment you can ask over the phone if they accept your insurance. Everyone we saw told us there was nothing we needed to do before the baby was born; we just had to tell the hospital who we wanted for our pediatrician, and they took care of calling.
  • Options
    I'm due 12/30 and we haven't totally settled on a pediatrician yet - leaning towards Pediatric Alliance. We're going to their "open house" on November 5th to meet some of the doctor's and will hopefully decide after that. 

Anyways, I would give them a call soon just to have it taken care of or if you need to find a different pediatrician. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh jeez..I'm due in Feb. Guess I need to start looking?

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• Options
    mc0113 said:

I'm due 12/30 and we haven't totally settled on a pediatrician yet - leaning towards Pediatric Alliance. We're going to their "open house" on November 5th to meet some of the doctor's and will hopefully decide after that. 

Anyways, I would give them a call soon just to have it taken care of or if you need to find a different pediatrician. 
    We use Pediatric Alliance - dr. Romero - and love them! We were recommended to them by my cousin after their 2nd child was born with a heart defect (they knew while in utero), and the docs at Pediatric Alliance have made a rough start to his life much better.
    Jacob Alexander was welcomed to the world on March 15th at 9:46 pm weighing 7 lbs 13 oz, 20 inches long.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"