Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Introduction (again) and small rant

I was active in this board right after my miscarriage in August 2013. I was due April 2014. I've decided to get back into the board for a while because we are trying to conceive again (though I'm not ready to transition to that board yet). My husband and I recently go married this August which is why we have held off on TTC until after the wedding. We are hopeful that all will go well with us this time, but I know it's not in my hands.

Anyway, I have a small rant as well. My husbands best friend and his wife are expecting. I am ecstatic for them, don't get me wrong! But everytime we see each other, she gives me updates on her pregnancy. I can handle that. What I can't stomach is her constant need to tell me about how the best thing ever was hearing the heartbeat for the first time. There was no heartbeat for me. She knows that. It kills me that she always rubs it in that she's pregnant with a healthy baby and that I lost mine. Miscarriages don't ever leave you. I still cry. It's been over one year, and it's just as hard. Sorry to rant, I just needed someone to talk to.

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Introduction (again) and small rant

• Options
    I'm very sorry you're dealing with that. I have a "friend" who does something like that also. I recently realized that she's the kind of person that needs to have the best of everything and better than everyone and "enjoys"--for lack of a better word--have a "perfect life" when others aren't doing as well. I had to cut her out of my life when she said one of the most horrible things a person could say to someone going through a miscarriage. I'm sorry that you have to endure this. And I certainly am not saying that this woman is purposely trying to make you upset, I should hope not, but maybe you could somehow tell her that though you are happy for her, it's still a bit difficult to hear such intimate details when you went through such a tough loss. I would hope she would be understanding of that and refrain from saying these things around you. *hugs*
  • Options
    My miscarriage is still ongoing but I have to say that would kill me too. Just seeing Facebook posts about healthy pregnancies get me going and I cry and rant. Welcome to thenboard
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"