Orange County Babies

Desparate! Need a GOOD OB @ St Jude's (Fullerton)

I am 30 weeks pregnant and need to switch OB's.

I want to have a natural birth, and although my OB has previously said she is supportive of this, at last week's meeting she started changing her tune.

Now she's saying that if I want to go natural that she's going to start stripping my membranes at 36 weeks so that I can be "primed" by time 40 weeks comes around; but stripping my membranes that early could cause me to go in to pre-term labor at 36 weeks!

I'm not confident in her anymore and am wondering if there are any OB's at St Jude that actually ARE supportive of women trying to give birth naturally?

Thanks in advance for your help!!!

Re: Desparate! Need a GOOD OB @ St Jude's (Fullerton)

• KatfshhRNKatfshhRN member
    edited October 2014
    Do you have to deliver at St. Jude? I know many OB's at Hoag that would be a great choice.
    Kathy
  • I'm not sure, because I'm not doing a natural birth, but my husband and I are in love with our OB. His name is Dr. Grey and he's seriously the most laid back, reassuring person I've ever met. 

He might be worth a call at least - or a meeting. 

Good luck! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • lmctanlmctan member
    I really like my ob but I don't know how serious she is about her stance on natural birth like whether she would do the same. She's Dr. LAWTON at St judes women's health 
  • Dr Lin delivered both my boys and I adore her!! 

BabyFruit Ticker