July 2014 Moms
Options

what are your Bed times

What are your babies bed time, wake up time, and age.

DS 2 is 3.5 months and I think we are dealing with the 3/4 month sleep regression. So I'm thinking I need to move his bed time up.
Lenox: Born March 13, 2012
Number 2:  EDD July 4, 2014

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: what are your Bed times

• Options
    DD is almost 3months, she goes down between 8-9pm and is up by 6-7am.
    [ Zoey <3 7.28.14 ]
  • Options
    We moved it up due to the same thing. She goes down around 8:30

Mom to one beautiful July '14 little girl

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    DS is 5 months and he goes down between 7:30-8:45 and was sleeping straight through till 7-8am, but we just finally moved him into his crib in his own room this weekend and he's been getting up between 6-6:30am now....
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    DS2 goes to sleep around 10pm. We wake him to go to my mom's at 630am. She lives 5 minutes away. He eats as soon as we get there and goes right back to sleep, for another 2-3 hours. He will be 4 months on Saturday.

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• Options
    LO is 13 weeks
    Bed time was between 7:30-8:30pm to 7:30-8:30 am (with 1-2 MOTN feeds)

The past week or so his sleeping is way off... Not sure if we're just hitting the 4 month sleep regression early or if my MIL is supporting bad sleep habits (letting him nap for 4 hours during the day, or always holding/ rocking him to sleep). I mean, I know he's still really little, but it seems like a bad idea to hold him through every daytime nap... Am I wrong here?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    DD is almost 15 weeks (or 3.5 months). She starts her last nursing session anytime between 7:30 and 8:15pm and is usually in bed by 9:15. She wakes up on her own around 7:00am. She's a great sleeper; I know she isn't the norm.
  • Options

My Lo is 14 weeks. He goes to bed between 9:30 and 10pm. STTN until 8 or 8:30am.

I would like to move up his bedtime but I am scared to mess with his schedule because he is sleeping so well. Maybe I will try when we transition him to his crib in a few weeks.

• Options
    Baylor is almost 12 weeks and goes down around 7:30/8:00. He was getting up to eat at 2 and then 5. Recently though it's been craziness. I have no idea what Is happeNing.
    image.
  • Options
    DS goes to bed around 9 and wakes up between 7 and 8
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Gabby is 14 weeks she goes to bed at 8:30 and wakes up around 2:00 to eat then asleep until 5:30-6:00. Last night she had a hard time falling asleep and woke up at 10:30 briefly so I'm wondering if we are in for the 4 month sleep issues soon.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

14w

Down at 9:30p- 10p and he wakes at 5:15- 5:30a. He wakes up for one MOTN feeding at around 2a.

• Options
    DS- will be 2 at the end of November, he goes to bed between 9-10pm on nights when DH isn't home/when DH is home it's between 10-11p (so he can spend time with DH), he gets up anywhere between 830-10a

DD- almost 3mo, goes to bed between 930-11p and gets up between 930-10a 

ZBC 11/2012 & SNC 7/2014

bridemaids angry penis annie

• Options
    She goes down about 730/8 and sleeps until 530/6 most nights.  Sometimes she's up at 2 or 4 for a feeding.  We kept her up until 830 the other night and she was up at 430.  WTF kid, sleep until 8! ;)
    *SIGGY*
    Baby G born 6/6/14, 37 weeks 1 day due to preeclampsia.  5lb12oz 19"
    #2 due Christmas 2016. 

• Options
    cookieinvacookieinva member
    edited October 2014
    DS is about 3.5 months, whatever my ticker says. His last feedng is at about 6:30pm, He goes to bed in his crib around 7:15pm. He still wakes once in the night to eat, usually around 5-6am, and goes right back to sleep. He wakes for the day between 8 and 8:30am.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    4 months this Sunday, nurses at 7:30 and then straight to bed.  Up between 6-7 (depends on weekday/weekend).  She was going to bed at 8:30 until around 3 months and getting up same time.  She started waking earlier, so we started bed earlier.  7:30 is perfect because it's when DS goes to bed, too, so we get a few hours of kid free time before bed.
  • Options
    11 weeks and goes to bed between 7-8 depending on his last nap. He wakes once to eat and will sleep until 6-7 unless he had to poop around 5.
  • Options

This website helped me a lot in regards to understanding sleep needs:
    https://www.weebeedreaming.com/my-blog/ideal-bedtime

E goes down between 6:30 and 7:30, wakes once usually between 3 and 4, then sleeps until sometime between 7 and 8.

Wow. That's some specific "advice"... My second son would have laughed in the face of whoever wrote that. He was (is) a tiny dictator who does not follow the sleep rules. :)
  • Options

This website helped me a lot in regards to understanding sleep needs:
    https://www.weebeedreaming.com/my-blog/ideal-bedtime

E goes down between 6:30 and 7:30, wakes once usually between 3 and 4, then sleeps until sometime between 7 and 8.

I found this website helpful and started putting Gabby to bed earlier than I was and sure enough she slept longer! I finally feel rested most days. I'm pretty nervous about the four month regression though.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    edited October 2014
    This website helped me a lot in regards to understanding sleep needs: https://www.weebeedreaming.com/my-blog/ideal-bedtime E goes down between 6:30 and 7:30, wakes once usually between 3 and 4, then sleeps until sometime between 7 and 8.

I get what the website is saying, but I could not imagine putting DD to sleep at 6 or 6:30, DH would only have a half hour with her.

ETA: or none at all if it was at 6!
    [ Zoey <3 7.28.14 ]
  • Options
    DS (3.5 months) goes to bed at 730 and wakes up around 730 for the day. He usually eats once during the night. Lately he's going through a growth spurt and is eating multiple times in the middle of night.

DD (age 2) goes to bed between 8-830 and gets up between 630-730.
    imageimage
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    I am literally in tears hating all you bishes right now. I can barely function. Where did my good sleeper go?!? LO is 18 weeks or something.. 4 mos. bedtime is between 7-8 ish and wakes up the first time whenever he wants and then won't sleep longer than 1.5 hours. Going on 3 weeks of this.

Used to sleep 8-6:30 with one or usually no feedings. I feel like a zombie and I want to cry my eyes out. GAH!

• Options
    DS will be 12 weeks this week. He goes down between 8-9 and gets up between 7-9, depending on his MOTN feedings. Past few nights he's woken around 12:30-1 and 5-5:30 and slept until 8:30-9.
  • Options
    This website helped me a lot in regards to understanding sleep needs: https://www.weebeedreaming.com/my-blog/ideal-bedtime E goes down between 6:30 and 7:30, wakes once usually between 3 and 4, then sleeps until sometime between 7 and 8.

I get what the website is saying, but I could not imagine putting DD to sleep at 6 or 6:30, DH would only have a half hour with her.

ETA: or none at all if it was at 6!
    This is my life.  On Mondays, I work till 8 PM.  Every other day I get off at 6pm and pick up LO at Daycare about 6:20.  I can't imagine any way in the world I'd have any time to spend with Elias if he went to bed almost as soon as we got home.

As it is, he eats as soon as we get home and is usually awake for a bit.  Then he takes a nap from maybe 7:30-8:30 or so and then usually eats again.  We don't have a firm bedtime so it's anywhere from 9-10:30 PM.

Last night he finished eating at 9pm, then didn't wake to eat till almost 4am which was pretty awesome.  Then he ate again at about 7:30 after I pumped so that the boobs wouldn't squirt him in the face.

If anyone knows of a sleep website that's got realistic guidelines for working parents, post it! 

• Options
    Right now DS will take a late evening nap around 7 or so. He will wake up around 9, which is when we'll do our bedtime routine. Then he falls asleep and wakes up once or twice to eat before he gets up around 7 or 8. He'll eat and stay up for an hour or so, then fall back asleep until 10 or so.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    DS is 13 weeks. Up until now he's been eating at 8:30 and then going down after that. Usually one MOTN feeding (the last two weeks have consisted of multiple MOTN feedings due to the 12 week wonder week/ growth spurt. Seems to be back on track now). This week we've started getting him down a bit earlier. So now his last feeding is at 7:30 or 8 and then he goes down. Still has one MOTN feeding between 2-4 and then back to sleep until 6:30-7.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Last feeding around 6:45, in bed by 7-7:15, up for the day between 6-7 (usually, not lately).

He was only waking once around 3-4 pretty consistently to eat, had one night of awesome 7pm-7am sleep, and since then has been a shitty sleeper.

For the last week or so he's been waking between 12-1, and then again around 4, and then restless sleep (which is basically like no sleep) until 6:30 when we get him ready for daycare.

This better be an early sleep regression.  I'm fucking tired.

I don't know how you ladies do it with 9-10 pm bedtimes. I need a solid hour with my DVR before going to bed, and with MOTN wakeups, if I am up beyond 10, I drag the next day.

• Options
    BPer said:
    I don't know how you ladies do it with 9-10 pm bedtimes. I need a solid hour with my DVR before going to bed, and with MOTN wakeups, if I am up beyond 10, I drag the next day.
    I won't lie.  I'd shank someone just to get some quality me time.  And I pretty much feel like a zombie all day, every day.  

My evenings are feed baby, attempt to feed myself, feed baby again, take a shower, put all the pump parts and 1001 bottles in the dishwasher and turn on, then collapse in bed.  And the dogs are fortunate if they get to eat and go outside sometime in all that mess.

I think I've turned into my mother.  
    :((

• Options

DD goes down 7:30-8 and used to wake-up at 2-3 to eat, then 5-6 to eat and up for the day at 7:30-8, but I think we're in the 4 month sleep regression.  Over the last two weeks, she goes down at 7:30-8, up at 11, up at 12, up at 1...until I just give up and bring her into bed with me.

Sigh.

• Options

DD 1 (3.5 years) has a bedtime of 8pm

DD 2 (3 months/14 weeks - I think 14 weeks ask @jessafish she knows how old our kids are) is around 8:30pm

• Options
    jessafish said:

DD 1 (3.5 years) has a bedtime of 8pm

DD 2 (3 months/14 weeks - I think 14 weeks ask @jessafish she knows how old our kids are) is around 8:30pm

@katnipeverclean Yours will be 14 weeks tomorrow and mine is 14 weeks on Friday.

Btw... love the SN change!

Thanks, love! :)

• Options
    Baby just started going to bed at 7, which means all three are now in bed at 7! You should have seen the crazy happy face I had all evening the first time that happened!

Baby is up once sometime between 3 and 5 and then wakes for the day at 8ish. I love this baby!
  • Options
    Gem has been going down 8:30-10 and sometimes sleeps through till 5:30. Sometimes she has a random wake up MOTN. We both get up at 5:30 to nurse and sometimes she naps again while I get us ready to head out the door. She's 14 weeks.
  • Options
    She is 12 weeks - bedtime is between 7 and 7:30. And she sleeps until about 7 am.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    JayBzo said:

I am literally in tears hating all you bishes right now. I can barely function. Where did my good sleeper go?!? LO is 18 weeks or something.. 4 mos. bedtime is between 7-8 ish and wakes up the first time whenever he wants and then won't sleep longer than 1.5 hours. Going on 3 weeks of this.

Used to sleep 8-6:30 with one or usually no feedings. I feel like a zombie and I want to cry my eyes out. GAH!

This. All of this. We tried stricter nap times, earlier bed times, etc, but nothing works. He passes out during his feeding, then as soon as he touches the mattress it is game over. This is also true during the MOTN feedings. Hang in there @JayBzo‌ . I feel your pain.
  • Options
    12 weeks

Bed 8ish
    Up by 7-8

He will still occasionally wake for a feeding between 4-5
    BabyFetus Ticker

image image

• Options
    Conor is 15 weeks, he goes to sleep around 9 and wakes up at 6 or 7.
    imageimage

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    DD goes down between 6:30 - 7pm and is up for the day between 6:30-7:30am. She gets up once or twice in the night. She's almost four months.

She's had the 6:30pm bedtime since she was about 2.5 months old. She really dictated it herself - I would actually like her to stay up a bit later, but she sleeps a lot better when she goes to bed earlier. That's something I learned with DS - often times an earlier bedtime will help solve some sleep issues (early wakings etc). DS is four and he is asleep by 7:30pm most nights.

• Options
    To the working parents out there... I know it stinks to have to put your baby to bed almost immediately after you get home from work, but your baby NEEDS that sleep, and so do you!  Baby won't have to go bed that early forever, and you can spend lots of time playing on weekends. It's really not fair to keep the baby up and then get him/her up early to meet your schedule.  A well rested baby is a happy baby.  I will say that 6pm is super early.  We usually go for a 7pm bedtime.
  • Options
    Um...to the working parents out there, they are your kids, so you get to decide what you do! Emotional connections are pretty important as well.

I agree that sleep schedule is something else...it wouldn't work for us, but I can see where it would work for others.

Our family works from home, so we have very flexible hours and so far don't need to conform to school times. Ds1 goes to bed @ 8:30 (starts getting ready) and stories are finished by 9. If he goes to bed later, he's a PITA...so I can see where bed times effect children...however, he's almost 5. He stopped napping at 2 years old, he never napped well. I know more sleep would have been better, but it didn't happen. He's a bit of a complicated child though.

DS2 I follow his lead, so anywhere from 7 pm to ~10 pm depending on if he takes late naps or not. I see him more on a pattern of when he last did something, rather then setting a clock by what he does, if that makes sense. When he gets up he'll be ready to sleep again in a couple of hours.

While schedules are good, y ds1 would have never been able to do that. He had bad colic (allergies) from 2 weeks old, until about 1 year old, then horrible sleep until he was 2, and slightly less horrible sleep after that. Now, he's OK, and we are treating his chronic condition. He'd start screaming every day around 4 pm and not let up until 11 pm. it reduced down to 3 hours after a few months. He physically couldn't stop crying to adhere to that schedule.

I have sleep karma repaying me now, ds1 has slept through the night (we co sleep to feed, so I don't feel the effects of night feeds) since day 1. Takes awesome naps too. I wear him a lot and hold him for naps or have him on the couch near me. Long sleeps start on/near me and end in bed. We're kind of laid back with it.
    imageimage"">

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"