Pregnant after 35

Born between 1975-1982? You're an Xennial (not pregnancy related)

I stumbled upon an interesting read the other day. It said that there is a very small generation who got wedged between GenX and Millenials (formerly known as GenY) that doens't fit in with either. Here is the link, with a basic overview of why we don't fit in.

• We were young enough when the internet became common that we adapted to it quickly, but we're old enough to function without it
  • We were old enough that we had established careers when the economy crashed, but young enough that we really didn't lose any significant investments
  • We were young enough to be shaped by 9/11, but old enough to remember a pre-9/11 world

If interested, here are two opinions about the pros and cons of being an Xennial:  https://magazine.good.is/articles/generation-xennials

**siggy warning**

Current Age 35, DH 33

Married 9/2011

BFP 8/2012, Miscarried 9/2012

BFP 9/2012, DS 6/2013

BFP 6/2014, Miscarried 7/2014

BFP 7/2014, DD 4/2015

Re: Born between 1975-1982? You're an Xennial (not pregnancy related)

• Interesting, but I always get annoyed when stats try to call me a Millennial. I was born in 77 and fully feel like a cynical, grunge-loving GenX-er. My younger brother, on the other hand, like the author, was born in 80 and identifies with being a gap baby (his term for Xennial) that doesn't fit in.

I took that quiz... and it's kinda funny that I actually scored as a Millennial. But what made me a Millennial? The fact that I have a social media profile (not having one would make me GenX). The fact that I received a mere 1-9 texts in the past day, while I would be GenX, if I had received "0".  Seriously? In 2004, maybe.

Anyway, thanks for posting. Slow, slow day at the office for me. Not that I'm complaining, feeling as tired and yucky as I do :) 

Me-37, DH-38
    Married in 2006, TTC #1 since Jan 2012

Baby Boy born June 1, 2015

He settles her in her home as a happy mother of children, praise the Lord! (Psalms 113:9)
    And the peace of God, which surpasses all understand, will guard your heart and mind in Jesus Christ (Philippians 4:7)

• Interesting read. I too was born in 1977 but I'm not sure I am a xenial. Hmm.
  • Loading the player...
  • This is great- I mostly identified with the Gen Xers even though I was on the young end of their group.  I worked with college students for a long time and my take on the Millenals was shaped by them.  I'm really different than they are mindset and attitude-wise so I am not one of them!

@mattandlora- it's funny bc both my husband and I have switched jobs and were unemployed while the economy was down and we both were like at least we have a few years of professional experience!  While stressful, it always has worked out in the end (my latest round of career tweaking was by far the hardest and we live in an area with fairly low unemployment compared to the national average- I was getting a lot of "you're a bit over qualified for this position" to which I always was like "is that a bad thing?).
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"