Minnesota Babies

Size friendly OB that delivers at the Mother Baby Center?

I think the title says it all lol :) This is my first pregnancy after fighting through infertility for YEARS.... I have my heart set on delivering at Mother Baby and am looking for recommendations for an OB that delivers there!! Thanks in advance :) 
PCOS- finally pregnant after 3 years of IF treatment, including 4 failed IUI. 

Lucky IUI #5 currently growing in my belly! 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers 

Re: Size friendly OB that delivers at the Mother Baby Center?

• John Haugen and Assoc deliver at Mother and Baby.  I have used 3 dr.s there...Schmitz is my regular OB and Dr. Ambur and Dr. Flom delivered both my babies there via C-section.  Awesome clinic and awesome Dr.s
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• I'm going through Women's Health Consultants, since this is my first I have been seeing everyone but really like Dr. Tracy who is new.  I also like that it is an all female staff.  The only downside is that their downtown office is attached to a parking ramp that is like $10 minimum, even for your 15-30 minute appts, but I can walk there from work (weather permitting,) they also have an office over by Abbott, I just haven't been there.  
  • Loading the player...
  • I've been going to Women's Health Consultants and really like them (I'm due to deliver at The Mother Baby Center next week).  I've only been to their office kitty corner from Abbott Northwestern (Chicago and 28th St), and they validate parking there.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I called Womens Health Consultants and the scheduler sounded really flustered and confused. She said that she didn't know if they were even accepting new patients, and couldn't tell me when my first ultrasound would be even if they were (8 weeks or 12) or if I would work with a NP or an OB. And she didn't seem interested at all in finding out if they were accepting new patients....  So... needless to say, that phone call didn't leave a super great taste in my mouth. 

• I know that when I was there for my 24 week appointment last week there were two new girls at the front desk at the DT office, I know one of the regular girls is out on maternity leave.  I overheard them tell someone on the phone that they were not currently taking new pregnant clients due that month, but I don't know what month they were referring to.

My first ultrasound was at 12 weeks with them (or more like 14 weeks, but that was scheduling difficulty on my part,) personally I liked having the ultrasound a little later because it actually looks like a baby!

My first appointment was with an NP, and I think that is their general policy, which is fine with me, I work as a medical social worker and prefer NPs because they tend to take more time with you in general.   

Sorry about your bad experience!  They are a very busy office which can sometimes be annoying, but I have liked every provider I have seen so far.
  • AClyde81AClyde81 member
    edited November 2014
    North Metro Midwives is contracted to deliver at the mother baby center. Their office is off of 6 and 55. They are awesome!!!
    They helped me to deliver my daughter completely naturally and in the water! Only 3 midwives in their office so you get to know each of them really well!
  • Where are you located? Work or home? I am going to Allina Bloomington Clinic. I like them and they only deliver at the Mother Baby Center. It's located right next to Ikea and I can get there quickly from my work in South Minneapolis.
    #1 DS 12/13/14
    #2 DD 7/1/17
    EDD 2/29/20 MC 7/19/19
    #3 EDD 5/29/19
  • The most central place for me is St. Louis Park. I kind of split my time between Eagan and Minnetonka, and then work in SLP.  I have an appointment this week with Alina Health Hopkins, and next week with John Haugen in Plymouth. If Im not super impressed with either of those I will check out North Metro Midwives and Allina bloomington! 

@Amyface813 -This is a funny question but, I know that Allina Hopkins doesn't have US machines on site (which is BIZARRE to me) does allina bloomington?? 

• Sorry I missed the question for a week or two... Yes, the Bloomington Clinic has an US on site. Everyone is very nice there. They are almost always on time for the appointments. I really like the OB I've been seeing but I can't spell (or say) his name. Kamenshikov? Something like that...

#1 DS 12/13/14
    #2 DD 7/1/17
    EDD 2/29/20 MC 7/19/19
    #3 EDD 5/29/19
  • Thanks everyone for all of your input! 

I called Womens Health Consultants one more time and got the same run around - "We don't know if we are taking new patients. We don't know how to find out. No idea when your first ultrasound would be." ???  I think I will keep them off the list completely next time - they just sound very disorganized and not very people friendly. 

I met with Karen Hessel at Allina Hopkins and I really liked her. She was very nice, very informative and personable. However, the Allina Hopkins location isn't really equipped to be an OB clinic. The rooms were kind of hectic and not set up at all, and they had to send me halfway across town for an ultrasound because they don't staff an US tech, or even have the machines. 

I also met with John Haugen in Plymouth. I LOVED it- its right in the west health building and the office seemed very well laid out, everything was easy and coordinated. The NP I saw, Terri Wood, was funny and warm. Best of all- they have US in office, and a tech on staff. That makes me feel muuuuch more comfortable than the idea of having to go halfway across town if ever I needed an immediate US, SO I have decided to go with John Haugen. Hopefully it works out for the best! :) 

Thanks again all for your help and input! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"