Infertility

Embryo Grades (Feeling Discouraged)

I received this yesterday explaining the grades of both embryos transferred and the 3 that made it to freeze. 
Not feeling all that positive, but still trying to remain hopeful. Currently 5dp5dt. Beta on 10/6. Trying my best to do beta or bust! 

One embryo was a 3BC, this is considered a fair quality embryo, and the other embryo was a 2BB, also considered a fair quality embryo. Our grading system for blastocysts works as follows: The number just relates to how expanded the embryo is. Three means the embryo is mostly expanded and a two means the embryo is partly expanded . The first letter relates to the inner cell mass and the second letter relates to the trophectoderm. A's are good, B's are fair, and C's are poor. 
The three embryos frozen on Day 6 were graded as such: 4BC, 4CC and 4CC.

Re: Embryo Grades (Feeling Discouraged)

• Chin up! Your RE and embryologist felt strongly enough about your "kids", so have faith in that. That the 3 made it to freeze is great, AND you have 2 little ones burrowing in now!

FX-- congrats on being PUPO! Good luck with holding out for beta! I'm not there yet...I'm not sure how I'll be after FET, or if I will be able to hold out. Keep us posted-- can't wait to hear the news of a BFP :)

***SIGGY WARNING***

Our Story

Me- 35, mild hypothyroidism

DH- 29, low count due to a chromosomal abnormality, only option is IVF/ICSI with PGD.

Married 5/13

TTC since 8/13

IVF/ICSI #1 ER 9/14 - 14R, 6M, 6F, 5 blasts off to PGD- 1 normal female, 2 balanced males

FET 12/8 of 2 frosties - 1 male/1 female - stick babies stick! 

Beta #1 10dp5dt 444! Beta #2 14dp5dt 2,340!  U/S 1/5-- TWINS!!!  EDD 8/26/15

"You'll never see the rainbow if you can't survive the storm"

image    image

Pregnancy Ticker

• Bandy514 I was just wondering today if you'd poas a yet. I knew our ET's were close but you're a couple days behind me. I stupidly poas yesterday at 6dp5dt and BFN. Totally regretted it. But still holding out hope it was too early. So I'm becoming a fan of beta or bust!

I agree with @Katers79. Your RE must've felt good about them! FX!

Me 30/DH 31 Married in June 2003. TTC since 2008. M/c in Nov. 2008. D/x: DOR and MFI 5 cycles of IUI in 2010. IVF #1 in Nov. 2011. ER 11/22. ET 11/25. BFN.
  • Loading the player...
  • Sunny BSunny B member
    edited October 2014

Try not to worry too much about the grading! I know that's easier said than done.

My RE told me that the embryo we transferred was a significantly higher rating than any of the embryos that other ladies in my cycle group transferred. They all got pregnant, I didn't.

Good luck! Fingers crossed for you!

TTC since May 2012
    Me: 32 H: 31
    DX: MFI-Very Low Count, I have Hashimotos.
    IVF prep September 2013 cancelled due to Ovarian Cyst
    IVF #1 October 2013 Antagonistic Protocol with ICSI  ER 10/31/13 (18R 16M 11F- 6 blasts to freeze)
    ET delayed due to OHSS 
    FET scheduled for July 8. Delayed due to a crazy high TSH (it had been under control for YEARS!)
    FET #1 8/5/14 sET BFN 

All welcome!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"