February 2015 Moms

Hilarious/ridiculous reactions to sex reveal?

2»

Re: Hilarious/ridiculous reactions to sex reveal?

• My DH and I had no preference, boy or girl, we'll love either one the same.  We both thought it was a girl though, no particular reason, just a feeling. But we were wrong, it's a boy, and we're both very happy to have a little boy.  We told his parents first over skype, and they were ecstatic, though I think they would have been no matter what, because it's the first and possibly only grandchild they may have. 

When I told my mother, her reaction was as I expected -- thinly veiled bitchy.  Me: "Yes we had the ultrasound Monday (this was on Tue) and we found out that it's a boy." 
    Her: "Oh, a boy." said in a disappointed tone, "Oh well, there's always the next one."  

WHAT??!! I was pissed, but held back from telling her where to go and that she won't have to worry about what gender he is because she won't be seeing him--ever.   I simply said it was unlikely that we would be having any more, and this was it.  

My parent's don't really care much about another grandchild, they only really like my daughter, and are actually kind of mean to my son, so I didn't expect much different.  I went a year and a half without talking to them about 2 years ago. I foresee not talking to them again here very soon for probably a much longer time.  I wish my inlaws weren't in the UK or that we could move to the UK. Maybe in 5 years when my middle son is 18 and his father is no longer a concern, we'll go over to the UK. But we'll definitely be vacationing for hopefully a month at some point next year or the year after.  
    Me = 34  DH = 37  DD = 15  DS = 13  Married since 6/21/13 
     Third pregnancy for me, first child for DH. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • All the adults are happy and would have been no matter what. The funny reaction was my 4 yr old nephew who is just getting into the girls have cooties stage. He was MAD it was a girl and told his mom "when she has her next baby next week it will be a boy and we can name it teenage mutant ninjago". He still talks about my next baby which is a boy. Hehe.

His older sister is delighted to have a girl cousin she has made her little bracelets and cards already.

And one of the older brother's said well you know I am ok with it being a girl... As long as she is cute.

These kids are all under 10 so their reactions just make me smile.
    Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • My mother in law wanted a girl so bad. So did all of DH family. This is the first grandchild on his side. When we called her to tell her it was a boy. She said "oh. Ok"
  • I had my son first, second luck of the draw my daughter. She was the first girl on DH side for multiple generations, so family was ecstatic. The weirdness was from neighbors and strangers, "wow, you live the life of Riley". I honestly had no idea what it meant at first, have come to figure it out. It felt like it was always in a condescending way. 

My brother had his daughter first, in the hospital my father went in the room. My brother happily said "it's a girl"! My father looked at him and said don't worry your second will be a boy. Um, failure dad. Just because you had two boys first doesn't mean all families will have boys.
  • Conversation with MIL on speakerphone. We tell her that it looks like we are having a girl.
    She screams "I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT FROM THE ULTRASOUND PICTURE! I TOLD EVERYONE IT WAS A GIRL! ASK ANYONE!" (Uh ok... you could "tell" from the 12 week ultrasound pic when the tech still couldn't tell...k).
    Then she starts yelling (to whom, I don't know) "WE are having a girl!!! WE are having a girl!" (Uh.... Hold up. No I'm pretty sure I'M the one who is pregnant).
    Rubbed me so the wrong way and I'm not entirely sure why. I just turned down the volume on the phone and held my tongue.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"