September 2012 Moms

Convertible Crib: Toddler Bed

I have a question for those of you who have transitioned your little ones to a toddler bed using the convertible cribs.  We made the transition for Grant last night and DH looked at me like I had three heads for not buying the guard rail.  Now since you essentially just remove the one wall and he is like two inches off the floor it literately did not dawn on me to buy one for this type of bed.   When we convert to the full size bed yes (and i know we have friends that went directly from the crib to the full size bed) but not now.

So did you use a guard rail with the convertible bed or did you just let it go?  I mean if he "falls out" its a two inch fall, with my kid i doubt he'd even wake himself up.
my read shelf:
Sara (smb+jab)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)  

BFP 8/23/11 natural m/c 9/7/11 @ 6w BFP 1/16/2012 C-section 9/16/2012 Health baby boy!

Re: Convertible Crib: Toddler Bed

• There is a mini guard rail that I ordered off amazon for keagan, so I have it saved for colbys crib.

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We bought the toddler tail for Maya but it wasn't available for Ethan's. I'll likely buy a magic bumper or rail for him when it comes time.
  • Loading the player...
  • hmp1hmp1 member
    edited September 2014
    When I switched James, a few months before turning 3 so he was older, I converted the crib to the toddler bed with the rail. He wanted nothing to do with that bed and went directly to his twin bed (mattress and box spring on the floor) that was already in his room. So he never had a rail. He fell off the twin bed, would get back in and fall asleep. That phase didn't last too long, I never even got around to getting a pool noodle to put under the sheet it passed so quickly. I would try the pool noodle before buying a rail if falling out becomes a problem.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Yes, we put it on there.  If we hadn't she 100% would have fallen out at least 20 times.  Girl moves everywhere in her sleep.  When I tucked her in before I went to bed last night she was sleeping up against it. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"