January 2015 Moms

It's that time! GTT anyone?

I just took my turn with the glucola today. I was pleasantly surprised that the fruit punch tasted much better than the orange (previous pregnancy,) but was soon met with the terrible nausea when it hit my stomach. I hope I passed, but that if I failed I failed big so I won't have to do the three hour test.

Anyone else sat for the test yet? Have you gotten results back yet?

Re: It's that time! GTT anyone?

• I tested twice this pregnancy because I had it with my last. First time failed the 1 hr and passed the 3 hr. Second time I requested to go straight to the 3 hr and I passed!!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I did my GTT a couple of weeks ago. And I passed! I had the fruit punch flavor this time, also, and it was definitely better than the lemon/lime I had when I was pregnant with DS. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    1/2015 November Siggy Challenge - Thanksgiving Fails
  • Loading the player...
  • I take a 2 hour test on Monday.

• No imma baddest prego client skipping mine.
  • I had mine last Thursday.. I had the orange one and it made me SO queasy the entire day. Yuck. But I passed! (thank goodness, because that's all I'd need).
    (Zoe Claire- born at 33.6 weeks- November 19, '14 - 5lbs 15oz)
  • I did it today! Hopefully I passed. I fasted for it so fingers crossed. My orange drank was super cold so not too bad.

BabyFruit Ticker

<p align="center"
  • I'm thinking about going in today. My hospital does walk in lab work.. but I'm not sure if the GTT is included. I hope it is to get it over with. I don't remember it being too horrible last time... but still.
  • I took one early in this pregnancy and passed. I take another one again next week. My last pregnancy I failed the 1 hr but passed the 3 hr.

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I'm going tomorrow on my lunch. Good luck with your results, @thompnia‌!!

• Thanks for the luck! My next OB appointment is a week from tomorrow. I think I will be calling to get my results.
  • I won't have one until after october 22nd. 
  • Had mine last Tue, and haven't heard a word, so I'm assuming I passed. The drink wasn't as bad as the two days of feeling gross afterward...
  • They decided to wait on mine a little so I could just get pin-cushioned all at once. Gonna get rhogam, Tdap, and GTT all at once. Prob same week I get flu shot at work, too, so that'll just suck.
  • What is a GTT test??
  • I did it yesterday - had the fruit punch too. It was ok. The nurse said there was no sugar in my urine, so I would probably pass. I've never heard that one before.
  • I do the one hour glucose screen at my next appointment. It wasn't bad last pregnancy so I hoping it goes well again.

Dec '12 & Jan '15
    I could hold you for a million years to make you feel my love.
  • My test is Oct 17th. I got to chose my poison (fruit punch or orange) at my last appointment. I chose orange and it's now at home chilling in the fridge.

Very important question:
    Drink before or after brushing my teeth? After and it might taste worse. Before and I run the risk of gagging and it coming back up. Hmmmmm

dx:  Unexplained IF
     TTC since May 2011, 1 year trying, and then 3 TI, 2 IUI = BFN
    IVF #1 (May 2013):  Antagonist Protocol: 
    24R, 18M, 15F w/ICSI; 5dt of 2 early blasts, no frosties = BFN
    IVF #2 (August 2013):  Lupron Stop Protocol: 
    28R, 23M, 15F w/ICSI; 5dt of 1 partially hatched blast, 7 frosties = BFP
    EDD 5/23/14, blighted ovum (6w6d), D&C (8w6d)
    FET #1 (April 2014):  transferred 2 5d blasts = BFP
    C.J. born 01/09/15

• They don't do mine until 28wks. Last time I thought the orange tasted like the little barrel drinks for kids. They let me drink it at home and then go in for the blood draw. Now at this OB I actually have to drink it there and wait an hr- boo!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I had to do mine at the outpatient lab. Nothing like a crowded waiting room for an hour :(
  • I had mine last week and failed big so they skipped the 3 hour test.  All my numbers at home have been fine though, so since I am going back for a follow up tomorrow, I will ask about that.
    Me: 34    DH: 28.  Married Jan 2012.  Started TTC Jan 2014.  Got our first BFP April 28th. Baby Boy Born: December 24 2014

Grow! photo leela_grow.gif
  • Had mine a few weeks ago.  I had my 24 week appointment and the nurse asked if I wanted to do the test that day or come back another day before my 28 week appointment.  I decided to just do it then...and passed.  I had the orange one, just reminded me of a sugary gatorade and I was fine afterwards (just thirsty for water).  Good luck!

BabyFetus Ticker

• I just got the drink for it at my appointment yesterday. I do the test in a month. I have the feeling I'm going to fail.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

• I do mine at the end of the month.  I had GD last time and it was not that bad but I realized that if I have it this time it will be over the holidays which will not be fun!
  • Took mine today and had the orange cocktail.  Was much better than last time because they at least had it chilled in the fridge as opposed to the last time when it was room temp.  I didn't get the results. Curious when I will hear back if I passed or failed.
  • I go Oct. 23rd, at like 4pm. Yay...

I get to drink it in the car on my way from work to the doctors. It'd suck if I had to pull off on the highway to puke it up, though :/
    That's my fifth wedding anniversary :). Not that it makes drinking your drink any better, but a happy day for me.
  • I don't have mine till the 23rd! I just want it to be over!
  • @thompnia Happy early anniversary!

Thanks! This is a busy time in our household! Our son turns three on Oct 10, our anniversary on Oct 23, my cousin's daughter's birthday on the 29, my other cousin's birthday on Halloween, and then my birthday on November 6. Busy busy :)
  • lelly0086lelly0086 member
    edited October 2014
    Good luck to everyone :)
  • Mine is next week - I convinced my doc to let me drink regular OJ instead of glucola
  • I'm jealous of everyone who was given the stuff to take on her own time. I had to sit my ass at the office and waste an hour there.

BabyFruit Ticker

<p align="center"
  • 2 weeks till I have to go.
  • Mine is tomorrow. My office only has orange flavor and you have to drink it in front of the nurse and then wait an hour for the blood draw.

With DS I failed the one hour and was borderline on the three hour so they put me on the stupid diet anyway. I'm just praying this time I pass.
    Me: 31 DH:36
    DSS: 15 DS: 7
    DD born 1/3/15

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Mine is a week from Thurs. My nurse suggested putting it in the freezer right before bed so it's like a slushie. Doesn't sound so terrible...
    ************************SIGGY WARNING***********************

Me: 29      DH:  32
    Off birth control March 2012 - Actively trying Sept 2012-April 2014
    Unexplained Infertility
    BFP on May 5th after Follistim & IUI #3
    Ryan Henry - born 1/10/15, 7 lb 5 oz, 20 1/4 inches

NTNP for a sibling starting March 2015
    Waiting on cycle to resume while EBF

imageimage

• I'm assuming mine will be at 28weeks. My 24 week aappointment is next week and I'm not scheduled for lab work. I'm totally okay with waiting the hour at the doctors office. It'll be like a break from DS.
  • Does it typically make you feel bad afterwards? I have a rehearsal dinner an hour after I take the test and then the wedding the next day at noon.
  • I have had two GTT's both just the hour long tests. Had fruit punch flavored drink both times, and did not feel sick after either of them. Both results were below the normal range so no diet restrictions thus far.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Jan 15 December Siggy: Christmas Fail!
  • I take mine this month. I'll schedule it after my OB apt on Thursday. Luckily I can do it at the lab in my clinic so at least I can wait it out in my own office. Last time I failed the 1 hour by 3 points and has to take the 3 hour (but passed that), hoping to avoid the 3 hour this time!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I did mine 2 weeks ago and haven't heard anything about it so I'm assuming I passed. I think they gave me orange this time. Eh, it was ok.
    OMG too many tickers...
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • OH- so another mom that I know was allowed to eat X number of Jellybeans (13, 17- whatever the number was I cannot remember, had to be that exact amount) instead of drinking the drink. Totally strange to me! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"