Cloth Diapering

Moms of toddlers-Absorbancy Question

Did you find that you had to increase regular daytime absorbancy by a whole lot between 9 months and PT?  I stuff some pockets with my Size 1 Osocozy prefolds but the are never very damp, maybe only half soaked on a normal diaper and they are a little long to stuff with.  I've got a chance to sell them and was thinking about replacing them with gmd orange or yellow edge or maybe just FST's.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Moms of toddlers-Absorbancy Question

• I think they naturally require more absorbancy over time since their bladder grows along with them.  We have to double up on our 2yr old's inserts a lot of the time b/c she holds it longer, then pees a lot, so if we don't have enough absorbancy, she'll pee right through it.
                          PitaPata Dog tickers

• I figure he will require more absorbancy at some point but is it enough to justify a huge prefold is my question I guess.  H is a pretty average wetter, I think.  Just one big wet diaper mid morning.  Do you think you could get by with just one orange or yellow edge prefold for a toddler?
  • Loading the player...
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
    Suddenly my life doesn't seem such a waste,
    It all revolves around you.
  • We need reds for our 2 YO. He's an avg. wetter now.

image imageimageimage

• If anything, DS's absorbancy needs have gone down, since he transitioned to solid food. I'm sure this varies widely.
  • I'm sure it does vary.  I was just curious about a general consensus.  I wasn't a fan of the prefolds for the newborn period and don't really feel like holding on to them if they won't ever be useful for me. Hmmmm, decisions.
  • We are in the very earliest stages of potty training and the prefolds still come in handy. Like, when naked toddler decides to run around the living room before bathtime. Or, he poops in his diaper just before bathtime and I decide to let him walk naked for the 20 feet between the changing mat and the bathroom, and he stops just outside the bathroom to pee on the floor. Or, to put on the floor in front of the potty for when DS misses. He's still working on his aim.
  • even THIS isn't a good idea. poor dog image
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Mandmeesh said:
    even THIS isn't a good idea. poor dog image

This is random. Sure you have the right thread, or is every thread random now?

• Mandmeesh said:

even THIS isn't a good idea. poor dog

This is random. Sure you have the right thread, or is every thread random now?

Positive

• Mandmeesh said:
    even THIS isn't a good idea. poor dog image

Meh, pop that dog in a SSC with a really trustworthy driver and you're good to go. No more danger. Totes worth any risk.
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
    Suddenly my life doesn't seem such a waste,
    It all revolves around you.
  • Totes makes me LLOL. Why is that a saying? Lol

• It's funnier than saying totally ;)

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Oh. I get it now. Dang. I'm slow lately....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"