Baby Names
Options

Please give me your opinion! Baby Girl

jaymo517jaymo517 member
edited September 2014 in Baby Names
Hi Everyone! I'm over from February 2015 and I'm hoping you can help me narrow down our baby girl name choices!

Please give me your opinion! Baby Girl 250 votes

Jacalyn Claire
4% 12 votes
Raelyn Jayne
5% 13 votes
Camryn Elizabeth
15% 39 votes
None of the above
74% 186 votes

Re: Please give me your opinion! Baby Girl

• Options

Thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it! Jayne is a 4th generation family name (with the y). So that's why we are going to include the y. I probably should have mentioned that.

• Options

I don't mind Cameron for a girl, but I would choose this spelling.  Cameron Jayne?

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I didn't even realize Jacalyn was supposed to be Jacqueline. I read Jace-ah-lynn.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Agree with others Jacqueline is lovely if you spell it correctly.  

BFP #1 ended with H born 2/2/13
    BFP #2 ended in loss @7weeks 10/15/14
    BFP #3 due 8/21/15 *please stick*
  • Options
    I'm just not a fan of the spellings.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic                      

Married 9/10/11 * BFP 6/9/14 * EDD 1/25/15

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I kind of like Jacqueline Claire, it sounds nice, I just don't like the spelling you listed
  • Options
    Jacqueline Claire is beautiful.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker}

• Options
    Yes to Jacqueline.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP: 09/13/13  ---  MMC: 10/25/13
    BFP: 12/25/13  ---  DD: 09/10/14
    BFP: 03/16/15  ---  EDD: 11/30/15

• Options
    Claire
    Jane
    Elizabeth are good

No periods due to 17 years of ballet and distance running after college.  Zero response to 2 months of Clomid, little response to Letrozole.  IUI left with 9 cysts = too many viable eggs due to age.  On to IVF.  Low dose of all meds still produced 37 mature eggs 12.6.11.  Froze due to overstimulation.  

FET #1.1 1.22.12 BFN.   FET #1.2 2.22.12=GRACE! (and a vanishing twin).  

Grace Katherine born 10.25.12 @ 36w6w 6#14oz 19.5".
    FET #1.3 3.2013 BFN FET#1.4 4.2013 BFN. Never tried a fresh transfer.  Let's try, despite 10 still frozen.  
    ER 6.26.13 27 mature eggs, slight overstim. ET   7.1.13 ectopic, FET 2.1  9.10.14   TRIPLETS!!  

Boys born 3.18.14 @ 29w5d.  Andrew Jack 3#6oz 16", Grant Robert 3#9oz 16", Charles Phillip 3#7oz 17".

• Options
    I agree that Jacqueline Claire is lovely.  I also love Elizabeth and Jayne.  Camryn is bad and Raelyn is worse.  
  • Options
    I could get behind Jacqueline Claire. Elizabeth Jayne would also be nice.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I voted Jacalyn Claire. But only if spelled Jacqueline. Jacalyn looks like you're trying HARD to be different. Don't over complicate it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options

Are you going for Jack-a-lyn?  Or Jack-lyn?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We're going for 3 syllables jac-a-lyn. Maybe it's a regional thing, but where I'm from if you want it pronounced jac-lyn or jac-a-lyn you spell it this way. Jacqueline is pronounced Jac-leen (French way I guess you could say). That's why we went for the shorter spelling to eliminate the other pronunciation. But I never thought of people mistaking it for other names like this tread. I'm glad I asked for opinions!
  • Options
    Hmm...that's actually interesting about the pronunciation thing. I now understand a bit more why you would choose that spelling since it actually does make a difference. That being said, I think it would still be better in the long run to just go with Jacqueline and correct those as needed.

• Options
    Not a fan of Jacqueline but I love Elisabeth, Claire, and Jane.

Claire Elisabeth would get my vote.
    Started adoption process in Jan. 2011.
    3 failed matches in 2012.
    Surprise pregnancy in Aug. 2012.
    Precious baby boy "HC" born May 2013.
    Began researching EA in 2014.
    No longer pursuing EA due to fibroid complications.
    Officially on the adoption home study wait list.

• Options
    Claire, Jane and Elisabeth are lovely names.

Jaqueline Claire would be nice if it was spelled correctly. I didn't vote for it thought because I hate the spelling you used.

Not at all a fan of Raelyn, and don't like Cameron on a girl (especially spelled Camryn)
  • Options
    saham07saham07 member
    edited October 2014
    Is the first name Jase-a-Lynn? If so, I don't like that at all. Instead of raelynn, I would suggest Raina. Instead of Camryn I would suggest Camila. I love the middle names so much better though
  • Options
    I would like Jacqueline, but not with the spelling you listed. 
    This.
  • Options
    jaymo517 said:
    We're going for 3 syllables jac-a-lyn. Maybe it's a regional thing, but where I'm from if you want it pronounced jac-lyn or jac-a-lyn you spell it this way. Jacqueline is pronounced Jac-leen (French way I guess you could say). That's why we went for the shorter spelling to eliminate the other pronunciation. But I never thought of people mistaking it for other names like this tread. I'm glad I asked for opinions!

I'm with you.  I like it!  It think it is a regional thing.  I knew you weren't going for Jacqueline. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    None. They're all spelled wrong.
  • Options
    Claire Elizabeth.
  • Options
    None of these are my taste. Names i love are..

Evelyn
    Emilia
    Alice
    Lila
    Cora
    Vada
    Lydia
  • Options
    I like Jacqueline (which stateside is pronounced Jack-a-lyn rather than Jock-leen) or Cameron, but really hate Raelyn. Camryn makes me think she's named after a car.

If you're worried about pronunciation, Jackalyn might be better than Jacalyn. I do have a cousin with the traditional French spelling and nobody ever thinks it's pronounced Jack-leen.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"