November 2014 Moms

Less Movement since Baby Turned?

Hi All,
My LO has been usually extremely lively.  Yesterday I had a panic moment when I realized baby hadn't moved all day really, I thought maybe I hadn't noticed since I had been working so I went home drank some apple cider and laid down to do my kick counts.  Well, 2 hours passed and I only got to 5 counts and not big ones like normal but really faint soft movements.  I called the on call midwife and she recommended coming in to get checked at the hospital.  Baby is absolutely fine, heartbeat normal, and doing all the things it should and baby gave me some nice kicks while there being monitored.  

The Midwife said baby is now head down, which is a change from my last appointment and I guess I'm just wondering if you noticed a change in movements ( frequency, intensity, etc..) once your baby turned?  Even today, I noticing way less movement then I had been experiencing these last few weeks.

Re: Less Movement since Baby Turned?

• How far along are you?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 34 weeks 3 days
  • Loading the player...
  • My LO changes all the time.  She'll go crazy one day then next to nothing the next.  Not sure this is helpful or not, but you are doing the right thing.  Kick counts and calling in when it isn't enough.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • My baby is heads down and dropped. They are still moving, but I have always had sporadic novements with this one. This one likes to cuddle into a ball and snuggle, not so much flail and kick, so the movements are more subtle and less often than my son's were. Perhaps yours is just hunkering down and preparing for birth?
  • Eliana was breech for most of my pregnancy and now based on movements and the fact that sitting down is painful now and it feels like she's going to fall out, i think she's head down. Last week, she barely moved at all and this week, she's super active. I've read that between 32-35 weeks (i'm 33 this week), movement can decrease tons because baby is growing and putting on so much weight, so maybe that's why some of us have noticed movement changes? Eliana has like, no room in there and tons of fluid, so i'm hoping that's the case!
  • I've had less movement lately. When I do get movement it tends to be major- like a big kick or roll where I can see my stomach move quite a bit. Some days I get more movement than others. I used to have a lot of kicks and jabs but now it seems to be just larger movements that occur less often.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • This passed weekend I had less movement to the point it scared me and I planned on calling my nurse Monday to see what she thought.  Luckily on Monday baby girl was back to normal, she was apparently having a lazy weekend. 
    dancing animated GIF
    N14 November Siggy Challenge - Celebration
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerimageBabyFruit Ticker

• I went to the chiropractor a couple weeks ago and she did the Webster technique to move LO into the head down position. I didn't feel any movement for almost an entire day and then I felt all the movement. Sometimes I wonder if they need some time to adjust to a new position or something.

You definitely did the right thing by calling and going in to check though. I think most people have experienced fluctuations in movement, but as others have said, it's important that you trust your gut and go in when you feel you need to.
  • Thank you for all the responses.  I knew there can be fluctuations in movement, it was just so jarring to go from tons of drastic movement to very little.  I really do appreciate all the responses, and the reassurance that I made the right decision to get it checked out.  Will just have to get used to the new movement patterns!
  • towards the end they don't have much room to move around in. i had a movement scare a few weeks ago and at the following OB appt the dr mentioned that usually they tell their patients that if they haven't felt movement for 8ish hours to drink something and lay down. as long as four movements of any kind are felt, that means all is well. i'm almost positive that this baby has become far less active in the last few days. 
    TTC #2: 12/2012
    Back to our beloved RE 10/2013
    BFP #5 3/5/14
    Beta 1: 47. Beta 2: 87. Beta 3: 482!

Baby CCH v2.0 due 11.14.14

• There's definitely fluctuations in LO's movement these days, and I think some of it is having less room and some of it is just that I can't feel it as well. Pretty sure she keeps twisting herself around to kick the placenta, and I really can barely feel it then since it's so well cushioned. Then she'll pirouette to posterior and start trying to dig her way out of my belly button, and my husband laughs at the pained faces I make. Oh, the joys of pregnancy.

Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"