January 2015 Moms

my bump hurts a lot!

So I have been having an issue under my ribs for weeks now.  I can't sleep and have been having stabbing pains.  I saw the Dr. on 9/16 and she said it could be the muscles tearing.  I am a small person and don't seem to be growing anywhere but in the front as everyone says "I am all belly".  This morning I woke up with serious pain going from under my right ribcage down my belly to my belly button (only on the right side) and it is very tender to the touch and I can't take deep breaths or stand up straight.  I lifted my shirt in the bathroom at work and I have two thick red swollen lines in the area I hurt.  Does anyone know if this would be the muscles?  or is this common?  I have heard of muscle separation but everything I read says that happens normally in the center of your belly.

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: my bump hurts a lot!

• I don't know! That sounds very painful though so I'd definitely call your doctor and try and get it looked at. 
  • If there are red lines I would be worried. Are you sure they weren't from your shirt or the way you were sitting or some reason for them to be there? If not I would call your doctor right away and describe the symptoms and your concerns.

Good Luck!

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Yes I'm sure they were raised not indented and sore to the touch. They have gone down with icing and a warm bath but I'm still really sore :'( I am calling my Dr if it doesnt get better by tomorrow.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Not to scare you because I don't think you are far enough along yet, but I have heard that the baby can cause broken ribs. But I don't think that would happen until much later in the pregnancy...hopefully it is just things rearranging themselves, for your sake!
  • My gf had similar pains, the cartilage between her floating ribs separated... She is also very petite :/ hope you are not having same problem!!
  • Ouch! That sounds extremely painful. I don't have any advice or experience, just wanted to say I hope you feel better soon!

Pregnancy TickerimageBaby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• Hows the pain today, @babytime1778?
  • @luckylady18 it's better today, not gone and the lines are fading and not swollen anymore.  @jmcmoe and @TiffanyJill I read about these things happening and it does seem possible I have grown (I feel like) at an extreme rate the last couple weeks. My friends also have said that when you look at me sideways it's a real shocker since you can't tell I am pregnant from the back lol.  So I am really just growing out front.  My last appt. the OB said she thinks it's really possible that I will have either muscle separation or tearing but I did not prepare for how painful it would be that is for sure. 

BabyFruit Ticker

• I would still call the dr. It certainly doesn't hurt to just hear their opinion and get checked if they think it's necessary. I'm bad about sucking it up and dealing with pain and I get in trouble for it :/ Hope you keep feeling better! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"