August 2014 Moms
Options

Cleaning LO's Neck

This is my 3rd baby...but I still am really bad at cleaning out their neck folds.  Every time I think I cleaned it out really well, I notice some more icky "crud" in there.

Any tips on an easier way to do this?

son#1 born 6/2010

son#2 born 4/2012

son#3 born 7/2014

Re: Cleaning LO's Neck

• Options
    I've tried to minimize it by using a bib when feeding LO, but it doesn't help with the cleaning. We also try to have DH help by holding LO while I try to clean it with a wipe. I got Burt's Bees face/hands wipes so I use those. I also try to get it in the bath and splash lots of water around his neck. That works minimally.
    x
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I hold him so his back is arched and head is back and rub with a warm washcloth at least once a day.

Not sure that's a trick but it works for us. He does fuss a bit though. Doesn't like the washcloth!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ditto trouble getting to the pits
  • Options
    I have the same problem with her little armpits. When we are in the bath, she has her fists clenched and her little arms are so strong, it's hard to pull them away from her body.
    It won't hurt her to pull her arm back, you really are stronger than her :) 

For the neck folds, I put my hand on her back in the bath and let her head hang backwards a little so her chin is off her chest. Then I can actually get in there with soap and water. Works like a charm! Also word to the wise - don't forget to clean the ears with a washcloth (or very carefully with a Qtip). Early on I didn't think about how milk dribbles right into her ear folds when she's nursing! Pretty gross after a couple days of that

TTC September 2013 | BFP 11/21/13 | Chart | EDD 8/3/14 | It's a girl! 

DD born at 42 weeks 1 day | 8/18/14 5:33am | 8lbs 4oz 20.25in of perfection!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Milk neck is the reason we decided to bathe daily! Now it's just a bedtime routine. We wash in the bath with a cloth, but I think the soaking is what helps us mostly... Preston's neck is SO short but somehow has SO many folds!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers Teacher 2007 * Wife 2011 * Proud A14 Momma * Seattle, WA
  • Options

Milk neck is the reason we decided to bathe daily! Now it's just a bedtime routine. We wash in the bath with a cloth, but I think the soaking is what helps us mostly... Preston's neck is SO short but somehow has SO many folds!

This! She's starting to really love the bath nightly. Just still not so thrilled about coming out.

• Options
    We call Charlotte's neck her north shoulder area because it's not visible under her chins !

• Options
    I just use a wipe and keep it dry.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"