December 2014 Moms
Options

Letter to Jeans

On another pregnancy community I frequent, one of the moms to be wrote a fun little letter to her jeans. A must read! It captured exactly how I felt about my own jeans. 

Dear Jeans,

We've been friends for a long time. When I was ten and wanted to dress like my brothers, I snuck husky sizes out of the boys department and convinced my mom that they fit. Later, as a young teen, I realized I was hot and tiny, so I had my dad buy me perfect boot-cut dark washes. At 16, I got my first pair of black skinny jeans, covered them in studs and patches, and wore them with long underwear underneath when holes appeared everywhere. Since then, we've stuck to blue, some thinner, some flared, but you've always been there for me (even when I started gaining weight and I got that awesome pair from Kohl 's, and then lost the weight and thrifted my first skinny pair). When I finally started to show, I felt super cute in the dark blue skinny capris from Motherhood. I thought we could be together forever.

Today I realized how silly that dream was. I should have known eventually I'd need a break. But honestly, jeans, it's not you. It's me.

As I attempted to find a relatively comfortable position in my expensive office chair, and found each shift futile as my baby kicked me from the inside and you either squeezed my stomach in half or pressed down on my bladder, I knew the time had come.

You can see I picked up some more leggings and sweater dresses tonight. Don't be jealous. I'll still wear that dark pair with the really stretchy, tall belly panel. And I'll be back in December. I won't even pack you in a box. Just think of it as a vacation.

Thank you for being my preferred pant for my entire life. I'll be back soon. I'll miss your pockets.

Sincerely,

Drenass

first time mom
BOY  07/12/14

Re: Letter to Jeans

• Options
    Yes. Exactly this!
  • Options
    I was actually just thinking this as I was trying to get comfortable in this stupid office chair.  
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I feel the same way! In fact I went and picked up another pair of leggings from target yesterday!
  • Options
    I wish my legs were thinner to wear leggings. In the meantime, can anyone tell me why Motherhood Maternity jeans grow to about the double the size by the end of the day?? They look good right out of the wash, and then by the end of the day they are HUGE! so frustrating. 
  • Options
    This exactly!! I see so many cute outfits I'd like to wear but they're all jeans! Things definitely don't look the same when in yoga pants and leggings.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    This is why I got a pair of maternity jeggings at target. I'm in love!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yes!! I'm finding myself opting for leggings or dresses more and more!

DS1: 12/17/2014
    DS2: born sleeping at 26 weeks on 8/8/2016 due to chromosomal deletion
    Pregnant with baby 3 -  EDD 9/14/2017

• Options
    Kim0710 said:

This is why I got a pair of maternity jeggings at target. I'm in love!

This! Target maternity jeggings are the best!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Hahaha! "I'll miss your pockets".
    I need to wear black jeans as part of my work uniform, I'm still wearing my pre pregnancy skinny jeans though. They're "low cut" so they are only an issue when I have juuuust washed them. I'm determined not to splurge on spending more money on clothes, when I'm only at work for another 4 weeks.
  • Options
    This is great! I bought 3 new pairs of leggings this weekend. Jeans have been retired for a couple of months...sad story.

BabyFruit Ticker

ttc #2 since 2004 Me (35): Stage 3 Endo, DH (34): High DNA Frag

IVF/ICSI #2: April 2014: BFP!!!!!!

ET of 2 great quality embryos. + BFP on 9dp5dt. Beta #1 (10dp5dt): 257, Beta #2 (14dp5dt): 1561,

Beta #3 (21dp5d5): 8,172. Wow. It seems this is actually working. Shocked beyond belief.

1st u/s @6w5d: Baby A hb 124, Baby B hb 127 (Both measuring perfectly!)

Lost baby A. Praying that baby B stays healthy. Baby B hb 175 at 11 weeks

It's a GIRL!!!

imageimageimage

My Blog

• Options
    Lol I miss your pockets. So true!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"