August 2014 Moms
Options

Freezer Meals Check-In!!

I know some of you ladies had done some freezer meals. How did they turn out? Did you go through them already? What would you make again? Did they save your life for the first couple weeks? Dish it out gals!
x
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Freezer Meals Check-In!!

• Options
    It was approaching quitting time today and I was dreading the big question from DH - "What's for dinner?". I had made a big Sunday family dinner the night before so I neglected to plan for the rest of the week. Thankfully, I had some pizza's in the freezer and DH preferred pizza over having breakfast for dinner.
    I did make freezer meals to use, but we have not eaten many of them. I keep them in the freezer upstairs and I often neglect to grab one out of it the day before I want to use it so that it can thaw out in the fridge. I learned that it I do not thaw it out it takes around 2 hours to reheat/cook and then it's all dried out and gross. We have eaten one of each of my meals except for the pizza casserole/pasta stuff.
    My favorite has been the Taco Soup. It was easy to assemble and easier to reheat. All you had to do is thaw it enough to break it up into chunks that would fit into a pot, then reheat to desired temperature. It took much less time than a casserole in the oven.
    Since fall has arrived and winter will soon be here, I want to do more crock pot meals and comfort food! And also make them Weight Watchers friendly.
    I hope to incorporate the remaining meals into my dinner plans more in my last weeks on leave.I will be making more stuff to fill up my freezer before I go back to work at the end of October. Heaven help us (and buy stock in fast food or the local market deli) if we don't.

x
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    We have gone through most of my freezer meals. They were a life saver on several occasions. My two favorites were chicken Mac n cheese, and sour cream noodle bake.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

They're all long gone.  My favorite was the meatballs.  Got 2 meals out of them, spaghetti and meatballs and meatball subs the next day.

Also did cheese stuffed shells, ziti, homemade breads, lasagna, pesto sauce.

I actually need to re-stock.

son#1 born 6/2010

son#2 born 4/2012

son#3 born 7/2014

• Options
    edited September 2014
    We are still working through ours (took a break because we went dairy free.) My favs were lasagna roll ups and spaghetti casserole.
  • Options
    We are still working on ours. We ended up eating more junk food than originally planned on, and I wanted to make the freezer meals last as long as I could, so I cooked quite a bit the last few weeks too. H also stepped up and did a majority of the cooking for the first 3 or 4 weeks. I plan to continue making freezer meals, because that's actually what I do for a living, so I always need to be trying new freezer meals to add to my menu that my clients order from. I have a couple different cook books I get mine from, and I also use Pinterest.

August 2014 January Siggy Challenge

• Options
    I made some. They were yummy. I have started making more bc I start back to work on Monday and that was a lifesaver last time with the transition.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I made some, but most had dairy, which I think I need to be cutting out, but having a hard time getting it done. Also made a huge batch of really yummy egg rolls without thinking about the cabbage. Also apparently not good when bf...... :-S
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"