February 2013 Moms

Name that baby!

mishka29mishka29 member
edited September 2014 in February 2013 Moms
I posted on F15 with the following options. However, I'm very concerned about potential rhyming issues with current DD (madison) and Adelaide - maddie and addie. Let me know what you ladies think!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Name that baby! 38 votes

Mackenzie
10% 4 votes
Sabrina
21% 8 votes
Sydney
36% 14 votes
Adelaide
26% 10 votes
SS
5% 2 votes

Re: Name that baby!

• The only one I really like from your list is Adelaide so I would go with it! And I don't really care if the nick names rhyme.  :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• fishes said:
    Confession: I'm jealous you get to name a girl. As much as I love my boys - we are so stuck on names right now ;)

Haha we had our boy named picked out before our first DD - Camden. I guess it just wasn't meant to be. Other considerations were: campbell, rhys, duncan, morgan, tristan, harrison, dominic, max, benjamin.
  • Loading the player...
  • DC2London said:
    Adelaide is gorgeous but I agree, with a Maddie I wouldn't use it.
    I wanted to vote for Sabrina but Maddie and Sabrina doesn't really work for me.  Maddie and Sydney, however, sounds cute.  So even though Sydney wouldn't be my first choice, I like the way it soundes with Sydney.
    Sorry, is that SS enough?  LOL

I never realized how much DD1s name would influence this choice! Lol
  • luxannie said:
    I'm not into the Maddie/Addie thing. I think it would be confusing for them for the next few years and then just annoying when you're calling for them, etc.

If you really love Adelaide though, just come up with a different nickname. Ada, Lady, Adele, Del, etc.
    All of this. Though I voted for Sydney because I know too many variations of Addy in real life.
    Ditto all of this

DS1: Quinn - 10.22.10 and DS2: Cole - 01.18.13

• mishka29 said:
    DC2London said:
    Adelaide is gorgeous but I agree, with a Maddie I wouldn't use it.
    I wanted to vote for Sabrina but Maddie and Sabrina doesn't really work for me.  Maddie and Sydney, however, sounds cute.  So even though Sydney wouldn't be my first choice, I like the way it soundes with Sydney.
    Sorry, is that SS enough?  LOL

I never realized how much DD1s name would influence this choice! Lol
    Behold the power of the sib set!

DS1: Quinn - 10.22.10 and DS2: Cole - 01.18.13

• @pinesnow‌ great suggestion but we had camden fixed in our heads for so long as a boy, I don't think we can get past that. I love the name Campbell but DH is not a fan...
  • Other than not picking a super rhyming name, I'm not sure we ever have consideration to the sibling set names. :-?

We have Ceilidh Morgan, Elliott Virgil, and Amelia Grace. None of them really sounds the same, except we call ceilidh C and Elliott E— C&E (or EV). Amelia doesn't really have any nicknames, we always call her Amelia, or Amelia Grace.

I think Madison and Mackenzie have a nice flow, but you're potentially sticking yourself into that M name model if you're considering a 3rd. But I might be partial because I know a set of Maddie and Mackay twins (Madison/Mackenzie g/g identical.) :)
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Oh and I was just informed that sabrina was already vetoed!
  • You mentioned Tristan and Morgan. How about those for a girl?
  • I voted Sydney. I LOVE the nickname Mac (obviously, my boy is McKinnon nn Mac), but I really think of it as more of a boy name. Adelaide just doesn't seem like the same naming style as Maddison.

Our top girl name for DS was Savannah, that might be a nice option as well :)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • pebbleann said:

You mentioned Tristan and Morgan. How about those for a girl?

DH only liked Morgan for a girl whereas I only likes it for a boy! Lol
    I've never heard Tristan for a girl that's interesting!
  • I really like Sabrina, but Sydney is just so awesome.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"