Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Case of the Mondays and intro

Been lurking for a while and now that my husband and I are more focused on TTC, I thought I'd  get an intro on here. Stopped taking the pill at the end of August....wish I would have gotten off it sooner! I am so ready NOW to be pregnant and I'm hoping it will happen soon but I know I have to be patient. Most of my friends are not in the same stage of life as I am (I am 27, married for 3 years...most of my friends are not married yet and not even thinking about kids in the near future) so I don't really have anyone to share this anxiety with! Hoping to hear some good stories on here and maybe get some advice when needed. 

Also...definitely feeling the urge to just quit work on this particular Monday....anyone else?

Re: Case of the Mondays and intro

• Options
    Welcome to the board. Sorry you are feeling crappy today. Must be nice to just be able to quit... I would be homeless if I did. ha.
    Don't worry about the coming off BC thing... it takes time. I didn't have a period for well over 4 months. 
    Stories on here will be good (entertainment wise) but remember we are all TTC too so we are in this boat together and some people have been here for quite awhile so don't get down too much. The grass is always greener and stuff... 

Me: 33
    DH: 30
    TTC #2 Since April 2017
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    Welcome.

Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Welcome.  If you haven't already, read the newbie blog post at the top of the board.  Good luck.
    Me:  31  DH:  35
    Married:  7/3/2006
    DS:  3/3/2007  (emergency c-section) 
    MMC:  10/5/2010  D&C:  10/8/2010
    DD:  9/22/2011  (scheduled c-section)
  • Options
    Welcome! I understand completely on the friend thing. I don't have anyone really to talk to about these kinds of things either except my SO so it helps coming here and talking to the ladies on here or reading the forums. On the other hand hope your Monday gets better! I wish it was as easy as just quitting but unfortunately most jobs will have it's times when you just wanna say FU.
  • Options
    Welcome!  I, too, can not share the crazy feelings of ttc with anyone as I want to keep it a secret.  

Hope the rest of your week gets better.

TTC since 5/2014 
    Aug 15 January Siggy Challenge:  Favorite "mean girl" from tv/movies

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Welcome!

TTC #1 for 18+ months - Age 32
    Aug-2014: All initial testing went well, waiting for 2015 for possible IUI.
    Love beer and bagels (not together), hate olives

• Options
    welcome!
  • Options
    Hello and welcome!
    No longer posting on The Bump due to the appalling misconduct of the staff and of its parent company, the XO Group. Four thousand  active, engaged members do not represent "a few bad apples" and we are not trolls.
  • Options
    Welcome and good luck!
  • Options
    Welcome to the board!

Me-27 DH-29

TTC#1 January 2013

BFP February 27th 2014, MMC ended in D&C

Working on our rainbow!

Curious about my ute?

• Options
    Welcome!
    TTGP December Siggy Challenge - Workout Fails

Married 11/14/09
    Me: 27
    DH: 33
    TTC #1 since 1/1/14
  • Options
    Welcome  :)>- Ditto on the friends thing! Feel free to PM if you want to chat.
  • Options
    Hi!  Same here - most of my friends aren't married/interesting in kids any time soon.  I love them, but worry they won't be supportive of TTC so I don't bring it up.  It is what it is.  Hugs for the Monday blues.
  • Options
    Welcome and good luck to you!

Visit The Nest!image Visit The Nest!

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." - Eleanor Roosevelt

• Options

I have the opposite problem-most of my friends have been TTC for a long time with no luck, or have been told they shouldn't plan on children for health reasons. It's going to be really hard to tell them, but I know they will be happy for us and will want to help out a lot (yay!).

Also, it is now Tuesday and I have taco salad for lunch, so that's a plus!

Married 8-9-14
    Me 34 DH 33
    TTC #1 
    Hypothyroid

• Options
    Welcome! My friends problem is that so many people I know got pregnant practically just by thinking about it, and we're going on 9 months TTC. The people I do know who had some trouble always throw around advice like "stop trying and it'll happen" or "it'll happen when it's meant to happen." Meh.

I wish you the best of luck!
    Married to the love of my life since September 2013.
    TTC #1 since January 2014
    Met with RE Nov 2014: Cyst on left ovary. Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy 12/3 to remove cyst, endo, polyp, and fibroid
    12/14: Natural cycle = BFN
    1/15: Starting Femara for IUI #1

Chart Stalk Me
    PitaPata Cat tickersPitaPata Dog tickers
    TTGP January Siggy Challenge: Workout Fails
  • Options
    Dbarar said:
    Welcome! My friends problem is that so many people I know got pregnant practically just by thinking about it, and we're going on 9 months TTC. The people I do know who had some trouble always throw around advice like "stop trying and it'll happen" or "it'll happen when it's meant to happen." Meh.

I wish you the best of luck!
    Thank you! Ughh that is so obnoxious! Best of luck to you as well
  • Options
    Just wanted to pop in and say GL! I'm relatively new to the board after lurking for a while and TTC #2. I'm 28 and was in your exact shoes when I had DS at 26 and while some of my friends were married, no one was even close to having kids! 

It can feel isolating at times, especially when TTC can be frustrating and your friends don't understand, but ppl can be in such different phases in your 20s -  someday they'll all be coming to you for advice!

Little T Born 2/26/13
    TTC #2 since August 2014
    BFP #2: 4/15/15 * EDD: 12/19/15 * MMC: 5/7/15
    BFP #3: 7/23/15 * EDD: 3/29/16

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"