Baby Showers
Options

Baby Shower Games

Anyone have cute ideas for games?  I am throwing my sisters baby shower and so far we are doing a diaper raffle, the baby gift bingo, and I am looking for one additional game.  Let me know if you are doing something different!
Ba hahahaha!

Me-30 DH-34
2002- Diagnosed with PCOS at 18
10/11-10/12 - tried to conceive naturally with Metformin, due to PCOS never had a cycle
10/12-12/12 3 cycles of Clomid - fail
6/13- 1st cycle on Clomid 50mg, Metformin, Follistim, and Ovidrel- BFN
7/13 2nd cycle on Clomid 50 mg, Metformin, Follistim, and Ovidrel 1st IUI - BFN
8/13 3rd cycle on Clomid 50 mg, Metformin, Follistim, and Ovidrel 2nd IUI - BFN
9/13 4th cycle on Clomid 50 mg, Metformin, Follistim, and Ovidrel - Benched with Cysts
From 12/13 to current I have ovulated 4 times naturally
Currently on break to get healthy.... 35 pounds down, 13 to go!
All Are Welcome!!

Re: Baby Shower Games

• Options
    I agree with the PP that you should drop the diaper raffle. It's really gift grabby.

I'm also not a fan of gift bingo, but that's just me. Really, I think games should be reserved for kids' parties. I'd rather that cake be served during gift opening, and I can just watch gifts/eat cake.

If you're set on games though, I prefer the simple ones like match the celebrity and the baby name, sticker on the bottom of the plate, guess the price of common baby items, etc.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I went to a shower once where the hostess assembled a basket of small baby items.  She carried it around and let everyone take a look.  Then the guests had to remember/write down as many of the items as they could.  The person who remembered the most won a prize.  The MTB got the basket o' goodies.

It was pretty quick, not embarrassing, not gift-grabby, and basically painless for the guests.  Another variation on this is to put 10 different small baby items into paper lunch bags and staple the bags closed. Number the bags.   Guests have to feel the bags and try to guess what baby item is inside.  This one works better if the majority of the guests don't have babies.  If most of the guests have infants, there's a chance they'll get them all right.
    High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • Options
    dees14dees14 member
    edited September 2014
    Have everyone write a piece of advice on a diaper (that you provide). When the new parents are changing diapers, it will be fun to read.
  • Options
    @dees14 -- This was done at my shower.  I just used the last diaper with "late night encouragement" on it.  It was fun to read them as I changed LO's diaper.
    Pregnancy Ticker

EDD: September 23
    PGAL: September 2010
    AMA:

• Options
    dees14 said:
    Have everyone write a piece of advice on a diaper (that you provide). When the new parents are changing diapers, it will be fun to read.

We did this at my sisters shower. Everyone loved it. All you need is a case of diapers and sharpies. Guests drew pictures or wrote funny saying or advice on the booty of the diaper.
    -------------------------------
    Sarah, 35 bumping from NE Ohio
    Married my love 4/22/2006
    DD born 10/12/2009
    DS born sleeping 2/23/2013 full trisomy 18
    Baby 3 due 2/13/2015
    Pregnancy Ticker}
  • Options
    Another vote for no games. Although I do like if people fill out cards with wishes for the baby.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited October 2014

Depending on the crowd of people you get you could do a version of karaoke. Have people volunteer to do a karaoke song of your choosing. Choose 3 people. All the songs must have the word "baby" in it. Like Brittany Spears "Hit Me Baby One More Time" or Sir Mix A Lot, "Baby Got Back" and so on.... At the end of the songs, have the audience decide 1st, second, and 3rd place. My husband and I are doing this for our coed shower that my mother is throwing us. We saw these cute bottle trophy's you can make by spray painting the bottles Gold, Silver, and Bronze. Then you can give the 1st place winner a gift card to iTunes or something.

Of course you have to have the right crowd/audience for this. A lot of our friends a musically inclined and love to have a good time and act goofy.

Good Luck!

And BTW, the diaper raffle is a cool idea. I've seen them at a lot of baby showers. Its always a choice for people to participate in them, so if they don't want to, they don't have too. And as long as you don't surround the party with games its fine. Just balance it out. Make the games more a side note versus a main event.

• Options
    The guests are divided into teams. Each team needs to write a story incorporating words provided by the host. Maybe 10-15 words , related to pregnancy / MTB and few randoms to make it funny. each team gets a piece of paper with the words And a sentence of how the story bwegins. Teams read out the storiea, MTB picks her favorite and that team gets prizes for team members. Its usually super funny!!!
  • Options
    MandJS said:

Depending on the crowd of people you get you could do a version of karaoke. Have people volunteer to do a karaoke song of your choosing. Choose 3 people. All the songs must have the word "baby" in it. Like Brittany Spears "Hit Me Baby One More Time" or Sir Mix A Lot, "Baby Got Back" and so on.... At the end of the songs, have the audience decide 1st, second, and 3rd place. My husband and I are doing this for our coed shower that my mother is throwing us. We saw these cute bottle trophy's you can make by spray painting the bottles Gold, Silver, and Bronze. Then you can give the 1st place winner a gift card to iTunes or something.

Of course you have to have the right crowd/audience for this. A lot of our friends a musically inclined and love to have a good time and act goofy.

Good Luck!

And BTW, the diaper raffle is a cool idea. I've seen them at a lot of baby showers. Its always a choice for people to participate in them, so if they don't want to, they don't have too. And as long as you don't surround the party with games its fine. Just balance it out. Make the games more a side note versus a main event.

That sounds like a giant fucking nightmare. And no diaper raffles are never a good idea. It's asking for a second gift. The gift grabbing doesn't end with you. Wow. Raffles are for charities.
    All of this. From the karaoke being a nightmare (to participate in or to watch) to the fact that diaper raffles are gross and obnoxious and tacky.
    Like I said....depends on the crowd of people you have...

• Options
    Thanks everyone for the input.  I am also not a fan of the diaper raffle, but a pushy new family member has been very vocal about what I "should" do at the shower.  Unfortunately she mentioned this to my sister at a cookout and of course she loved the idea so i'm stuck with it.  I am actually a fan of games, but I agree I don't like too many, it can get a bit busy and overwhelming feeling. 
    Anyways, love the ideas, thanks again so much!  The shower is Saturday so i'm busy with last minute plans!
    Ba hahahaha!

Me-30 DH-34
    2002- Diagnosed with PCOS at 18
    10/11-10/12 - tried to conceive naturally with Metformin, due to PCOS never had a cycle
    10/12-12/12 3 cycles of Clomid - fail
    6/13- 1st cycle on Clomid 50mg, Metformin, Follistim, and Ovidrel- BFN
    7/13 2nd cycle on Clomid 50 mg, Metformin, Follistim, and Ovidrel 1st IUI - BFN
    8/13 3rd cycle on Clomid 50 mg, Metformin, Follistim, and Ovidrel 2nd IUI - BFN
    9/13 4th cycle on Clomid 50 mg, Metformin, Follistim, and Ovidrel - Benched with Cysts
    From 12/13 to current I have ovulated 4 times naturally
    Currently on break to get healthy.... 35 pounds down, 13 to go!
    All Are Welcome!!

• Options
    Just don't do anything like raffles, guess the candy bar melted in a diaper or measuring MTB in any way.
    I once went to a shower where they did the whole carnival theme and played guess MTB's weight! It was horrible and awkward for everyone. I had an "emergency" and left before that got started.
  • Options
    I'm not a fan of shower games. Most of them are super gift grabby (diaper raffle), rude (measure the preggo belly), or super gross (eat candy out of a diaper). 

The only really cute one I have seen is every person brought a baby picture of themselves and the mother to be had to guess who it was. There's no prize or anything dumb like that, it's just for something to pass the time. 

Team green baby showers are always the most fun to me with people guessing the sex of the baby. I've never played a game having to do with it but my friend did a "guess the due date and sex pool" and whoever got the sex right and got the closest to the birth day received the first picture and info of the baby after the birth :) Then ya know, we all received the same info like 5 mins later. But it was really fun!
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"