September 2014 Moms

PP workout question

If baby girl is 4 weeks old, and I stopped bleeding and cramping a week ago, do you think it's safe to start doing sit-ups/crunches, squats, and lunges again?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Re: PP workout question

• When do you see you doctor? I would start slow & listen to your body. I started exercising pretty early after having DS. Don't push yourself, but slowly getting back into it probably is ok at this point. Obviously I'm not a doctor.
  • My doctor clears in stages. Walking he said whenever I feel up to it. LO and I have been doing a mile-three miles a day so long as the weather is good for a week now. Anything more strenuous than walking I have to be checked out first.

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • I didn't bleed after my CS for the first week almost two. I started doing stuff around the house and started bleeding. I would talk to your dr. I'm not suppose to do any ab workouts until 4-6 weeks bc of my CS. But my incision has completely healed as of two weeks ago.
  • conradragingconradraging member
    edited September 2014
    If you feel up to it, I would start slowly and keep an eye out for any more bleeding. I'm a believer in listening to your own body as long as you don't push yourself too hard.

Eta: I would not recommend it if you had a c sec

BFP: 09/13/13  ---  MMC: 10/25/13
    BFP: 12/25/13  ---  DD: 09/10/14
    BFP: 03/16/15  ---  EDD: 11/30/15

• I stopped bleeding after 2 weeks and c section scar is completely healed. However, whenever I over exert....lifting, stairs, on my feet a lot, Los of waking, etc...I have episodes of passing clots and bleeding heavily for a day or so. I would take it easy and ask your dr for guidance.
    IMG_4550[1] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Just listen to your body. However if you had a cs or any stitching I'd probably wait until the green light from your ob. Also if you had any complications during pregnancy I'd probably wait, bp issues, anemia, fainting, just in case.
  • I am eager to get back to working out also but I absolutely notice a difference from day to day if I have been more active. I also have more or less stopped bleeding at 1week pp but if I am busy running around and walking a lot, I start spotting again.

I wouldn't do any abdominal workouts until my 6wk appt but arm and leg machines at my gym or even at home I would be ok with.

After dd2 was born, I started trying to do some slow jogging at like 5-7 weeks pp and had bladder issues even though I felt fine. You just never know whether your body is completely ready and it is something you need to really allow as long as you possibly can to fully recover.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"