August 2014 Moms

PP Weight Loss/Fitness Check-in 9/29

Let's get this started this week for those who have already started.

What are you doing? (i.e. Weight watchers, my fitness pal, fit bit, etc.)

How is it going? Progress so far?

Biggest challenge for you?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimage

Re: PP Weight Loss/Fitness Check-in 9/29

• What are you doing? I'm doing weight watchers, starting week 3 today. I also have been going for a 2.5 mile walk each day- and using the map my walk app which I love. This week I am going to start alternating that with a yoga DVD that I have to start building muscle strength.

How is it going? Going good so far. I've lost 6.5 lbs and am at my pre pregnancy weight now. But I was overweight to begin with and have at least another 30 lbs to loose.

Biggest challenge? Definitely the cravings!! I want all the sweets! I broke down and had a couple pieces of See's candy yesterday at the mall, which was not good. I am trying to eat fruit to satisfy my sweet tooth but it doesn't really work.

imageimage
  • What are you doing: stroller strides. Just finished one week.
    How's it going: I'm sore! I feel much better but have not lost weight from it yet. I have about 13lbs to lose to be at pp weight.
    Biggest challenge: DH bringing home fast food and junk food.

• Loading the player...
  • What are you doing: not doing any program, just trying to get the weight off myself. Can I still check in??
    How's it going: just started exercising, had my 6 week check last Thursday and I am down 22lbs, still need to lose 19 to get back to pp weight. Would like to lose 10 on top of that by next summer. Started running is weekend, but it hurt!
    Biggest challenge: just getting back into running shape. I have a 5k in December so that gives me incentive to at least get up to 3 miles. Right now I can barely run half a mile. Jogging stroller is being shipped, so I'll be able to come home from work when I start back and run with the baby. 
  • @Kelsbeno‌ of course you can check in! You don't have to be doing a specific program I just put that on there to see what tools people are using to try to lose weight.

imageimage
  • Daisylola11Daisylola11 member
    edited September 2014
    What are you doing?
    Nothing specifically just starting with portion control, healthier snacks and remembering to drink lots of water.

How is it going?
    Well the jogger has a flat and I'm waiting for DH to fix it. So I'm hoping to do a yoga or Pilates video this week until I can go walking the neighborhood again.

Biggest challenge?
    Motivation while being tired. Also I just don't feel like I have to go all out on a diet quite yet. I care about how I look I just don't want to stress about it too much. I'm just hoping EBF will help a bit
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• What are you doing? (i.e. Weight watchers, my fitness pal, fit bit, etc.)  LoseIt! and FitBit

How is it going? Progress so far? 20lbs down and 20lbs to go.  It's going pretty well but I'm struggling to work exercise in.  Not enough hours in the day!  Once DS2 starts STTN I will try to get up and use the treadmill before he wakes up.

Biggest challenge for you? See above.  And it's the start of my "bad season" for eating.  I love all the holiday treats.

• What are you doing? Just trying to eat clean and healthier, and starting to work out again. I've been walk/running with the stroller (doing C25k) and some light body weight exercises. When I hit 4 weeks PP (I'm 2.5 now) I'll start doing some more intense workouts.

How is it going? Progress so far? Pretty well, running has felt really easy, surprisingly (even with the stroller). I think it's the lack of giant baby belly in front of me. I haven't done any serious distance yet though.

Biggest challenge for you?Junk food. I try not to buy anything unhealthy, but DH always throws chips and cookies in the cart, and I really like to bake. I tell myself that eating my own baked goods is healthier than store bought, because I make everything from scratch.... but we all know that amount of sugar isn't good in any form.
  • What are you doing? Eating clean- mostly paleo but eating oatmeal for breakfast and having kind bars once a day. Also using MFP. For working out, I've been lifting, running, and going to zumba classes.

How is it going? I am 9.5 weeks post partum. I have lost 29 lbs and have 12 lbs to go.

Biggest challenge? Limiting myself to one cheat meal a week. Once I've cheated, it seems to go down hill the rest of the day.

• mmsweeney1mmsweeney1 member
    edited September 2014
    What are you doing? I'm in the middle of the 30 day shred. It's discouraging because it used to be a breeze pre-pregnancy and now I struggle a bit. Not doing anything special for food, just trying to pay attention to what I eat and not bake so often. The first few weeks PP I make cookies every other day!

How is it going? Scale has not moved! Last summer after my first pregnancy I lost the weight so easily. I am afraid I will hold onto these last 10 lbs until I am done BFing. I thought it was supposed to make you lose weight!

Biggest challenge? Here I have a bit of a rant. My DH works and fits in a run every night. Usually I tried to do my DVD while he was out running but I would have to stop often to comfort the baby. Sometimes he would get home and I wouldn't be done working out yet. He would take care of the baby those last ten minutes. Then he tells me I better do the DVD during the day while he's at work bc he doesn't want to be stuck with the baby. Well it's impossible to do that some days!! I get that he works all day and needs some down time when he gets home. But I need some time too!

first son stillborn 7/20/13 at 39 weeks due to Acute Fatty Liver of Pregnancy
    It's a girl! Baby Anna was born August 3, 2014!

• @AUMommy‌ my DH and my mom are doing WW with me too. I'm finding their support very helpful to stick to it!

Seems like the biggest challenge for most is finding time to fit in a workout. It is sooo hard to find that time, especially when DH needs to work out too.

imageimage
  • Still not cleared to fully workout so not doing anything besides housework & short walks. In the meantime I am watching what I eat, and I've been good. Limited sweets and making healthy snacking choices. I don't buy any junk food, and I rarely leave the house so temptation isn't an issue yet.

I have 15lbs to go to get to my pp weight. Not too bad considering I gained 35.

Biggest challenge I imagine will be finding the time to workout. Between going back to work & BFing LO, it'll be tough.
  • What are you doing? (i.e. Weight watchers, my fitness pal, fit bit, etc.)
    Nothing yet :-( it's just starting to bother me at almost 9 weeks PP. I do take LO for at least a mile walk every day but that's been more to get us both out of the house. 
    I gained 35 pounds and lost 25 within the first 2 weeks PP. It was awesome and I instantly felt lighter. The last 10 lbs seem to have stuck. I thought breastfeeding might do the trick but not so far. I am also in the overweight category so if I lost 30 lbs total I would be an ideal weight for me. I've been that weight and lighter before so it's not a crazy notion! 

I really like eating whatever I want, especially sweets. I also HATE typical workouts. If I think about loosing 30lbs it feels like instant defeat. I guess I'll focus on the 10 first!

I did to WW once before and I've attached my all time favorite recipe! 

• What are you doing? (i.e. Weight watchers, my fitness pal, fit bit, etc.) I am starting Couch to 5K tomorrow. I am thinking of doing myfitnesspal for diet

How is it going? Progress so far? I havent done anything but BF so far. I lost all the pregnancy weight but I still have about 30 lbs extra that I started with.

Biggest challenge for you? I haven't lost my sweet tooth

• What are you doing? (i.e. Weight watchers, my fitness pal, fit bit, etc.) I am running

How is it going? Progress so far? I have been running since I was cleared on 9/3, and so far have missed 3 days since being cleared for exercise.  I've been running 2 miles outside except yesterday I pushed myself to 3 miles, because I was going to the state fair and wanted to preemptively burn off all the fried stuff I was going to eat :)

Biggest challenge for you? I needed new shoes.  Getting the opportunity to go out and get fitted is tough with a toddler and newborn in tow.  My mom came over today to watch the kids so I could go get them, and my feet got bigger.  I am a little bummed about that cause I have big feet to begin with.  Im still really slow but it is getting easier.

photo 63d081b2-beb9-4486-ae4e-de648860b72c_zpsa8e37ee8.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• What are you doing? I'm using my fit bit and working my way back into my previous workout routine which consisted of 45 minutes to an hour of cardio 5 times a week plus strength training

I'm down 24lbs since giving birth, would like to lose 22 more to get back to where I was for my wedding.

I was a jogger prior to getting pregnant so I'm trying to get my 5k pace back, need to drop four minutes per mile, but I also just started a week and a half ago so I know it's going to take some time.

Getting up early enough to run outside before it's too hot or not having enough time to get my workout in and get ready before I need to be somewhere else.
  • What are you doing?:
    Stroller walks! Averaging 2.5-5 miles a day. Lifting compound movements with a little accessory work. Light weights. Only twice a week.

How's it going?
    1lb away from prepregnancy weight at 4wks pp!! (I'm thinking this is a lot from breastfeeding....) I'm still hungry 24/7. I don't miss a day for walking. If it's raining we walk in the mall downtown. Lifting is rough because I haven't in about 6-7 months but I miss it!

Biggest challenge?:
    Being so sleep deprived :( I waste so much energy walking around. I'd rather be sleeping.
  • @mmsweeney1‌ , stuck w the baby?? Remind him that it's his baby too! You deserve me time to work out!

• raquelynn714raquelynn714 member
    edited September 2014
    Im not doing any specific program, but intentionally being active 3x weekly. Mostly long stroller walks this far. Its going alright... 30lbs down and 15 to go. My challenge is that my weight loss has plateaued... And i think it will be a struggle to exercise with the rigor that i used to. Gotta get motivated!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers Teacher 2007 * Wife 2011 * Proud A14 Momma * Seattle, WA
  • edited September 2014
    Gained 37, down 35. Running with walk breaks with DD, 3 mi every other day, power walking on days I don't run. Trying not to eat All The Foods!

• What are you doing? I'm back on weight watchers and am using my Fitbit to track activity.

How is it going? It's okay. If I track my food I do great but I haven't been too strict with it yet. I know that breastfeeding/pumping had been my saving grace. I've been walking with my neighbor and my mom about 3x a week and that has helped. Funny thing: I've been using the MapMyWalk app to keep track of distance. My mom uses it too. We went on a walk together and ended up with different distances. She had .25 miles more than I did somehow. Crazy. LO just got his shots so I feel better about going to the gym and leaving him in the kids zone while I work out. I'm thinking of even seeing a personal trainer to get me into a routine. Until I do it's group classes for me! Yoga, body pump, Zumba - can't wait!

Progress so far? I am in my 4th week back on program and have lost a total of 6 lbs so far! My ultimate goal is to lose 100 pounds! DH said he'd double my diamond when I reach my goal weight. We will also start working on TTC once I maintain a healthy weight for a couple months.

Biggest challenge for you? Planning out my meals so I can track them easier. And the extra points for BFing are hard to eat. I get @ 52 points a day. It's hard to eat healthy and eat all my points.
    x

• @MC03‌ ... So weird. I am starting week 3 of WW today and have lost 6.5 lbs as well! So weird! My sweet always gets the best of me too! You should try the ww chocolate salted caramel ice cream bars. 3 pts each. They are pretty friggin amazing.

I have lost 29 lbs from when I have birth. I have about 25lbs till pp weight. I have been Doing the elliptical for 45 mins 4x's a week using and walk/run with stroller using mapmyrun app along wth crossfit workouts. (I did crossfit 6x's a week before LO).

Biggest challenge is trying to stop comparing myself to other woman.. Esp those lucky ones who get right back in there pp jeans!
  • @Klittle779‌ what a coincidence! We are WW twins. I will definitely try those ice cream bars, I saw them at the store last week and wondered if they were any good. Thanks for the tip.

imageimage
  • @slippintrippn84‌ that is so weird about the map my walk app. I wonder why that happens? It's disappointing becausr I really like using it. Oh well, I guess from now on I'll use it as an approximation.

imageimage
  • edited September 2014
    @MC03 I told my mom that we should experiment and see if our phones would let us run more than one tracking app to see if it's just MMW or if it's a GPS thing. I'd also like to compare it to what my Fitbit says.

Oh yeah, she has an iPhone 4 while I have an iPhone 5, so there could be a difference with software/updates as well.
    x

• What are you doing? My plan is to stroller power walk 2.5 mi/day around the hills & lake near my house, and do some yoga at home while Nico sleeps. I lost my FitBit during labor (like a genius, I put it on my hospital gown to track my steps) and plan to get a new one. Love that thing.

Progress: I was just cleared today (and minimal activity was causing bleeding up till last week) so I'm excited to get started tmw morning. I'm down 20 lbs and have 15 to go to get to pp weight. Hoping to lose 5 more by end of the year.

Challenge: DH refuses to eat fish, whole grains and other healthy options, and doesn't cook. So either I make two meals or opt for a meal of convenience. Tonight it was mac & cheese. Ugh. My challenge will be finding (and holding) middle ground.

• So far just nursing! At my 6 week Pp visit I was 12.6% below my last recorded prepregnancy weight. I'm hoping to keep that momentum going after my surgery Friday. Looks like I'll start working out when I head back to work.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • What are you doing? (i.e. Weight watchers, my fitness pal, fit bit, etc.) Nothing specifically, just trying to follow my own exercise and diet plan for now. If I'm still having a hard time I'll look into some programs.

How is it going? Progress so far? I'm within 3 lbs of pre pregnancy weight, but I was 17 lbs over my comfort weight at that time. So I still have 20 lbs to lose. I tried my pre pregnancy jeans on today and while they fit, there was some serious muffin top action happening.

Biggest challenge for you? Food. Especially sweets. I was on paleo diet before the pregnancy but then had terrible food aversions and went back to constantly eating bread and sugar. It's going to be hard giving that stuff up again.
    Southern California
    Together for six years, married for five
    BFP 12/06/13 - EDD 8/11/14 
    BABY BOY born 8/14/14!

• Just signed up with a personal
    Trainer. I'm starting his meal plan now, but I wont be cleared to exercise for another 2 weeks. The meal plan starts with no grains or sugar (including no fruit) for three weeks.

My biggest challenge has been my lack of motivation... So hopefully 1 on 1 help will keep me on track!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"