April 2015 Moms
Options

Stroller for twins

For the mums with twins and the mums expecting twins-
What double strollers do you have or are thinking about getting? What makes them awesome? I am really interested in how strollers compare with two kids of the same age.
Thanks!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Stroller for twins

• Options
    There is a multiple board that might be helpful. There you will find a lot of experienced twin mothers to give advise.
  • Options
    Also if you google "Lucie's List Double Strollers" she just did a massive review of double strollers. I found it very helpful, I'm not expecting twins, but will have 2u2 and will need a double. She breaks it down based on the ages and age differences (or lack of difference) in the kid's ages.

BFP #1 4/10/12 D&C 6/5/12@ 12.5wks EDD 12/17/12
    BFP #2 9/10/12 CP 9/19/12@ 5.5wks EDD 5/21/13
    BFP# 3 12/3/12...Lukas James born 8/15/13
    BFP# 4 8/4/14 EDD 4/13/15

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options

There is a multiple board that might be helpful. There you will find a lot of experienced twin mothers to give advise.

It's true! I stalk the multiples page from time to time, and I saw a good thread talking about strollers just the other day. If I remember, I'll post a link here when I'm not on mobile.

*** Ticker Warning ***

Me: 37, DH: 39, TTC 5 yrs

2013 summary: Diagnosed with Hypothyroid; Cervical polyp removed (benign); 
    2 rounds ovidrel with timed intercourse (no result): 3 rounds IUI with clomid + ovidrel (no result)
    2014 summary (to date):
    IVF cycle 1 - ER: 4/17 (28 follicles, 3 fertilized, 2 survived to day 3);
    ET: 4/20 (3rd day, 2 embryos - 1 @ 6 cells & 1 @ 4 cells); Beta 5/1 - BFP!; 
    1st scan 5/13 - development behind, no heartbeat detected; D&C 6/2; WTF 6/13
    IVF cycle 2 - BCP begun 7/12; stims w/ HGH begun 7/26; 
    ER: 8/6, 12 follicles, 7 fertilized w/ ICSI; ET: 8/11, 3 blastocysts left, 2 transferred, 3rd arrested 8/12 - none to freeze :'(
    1st beta 8/19 - BFP! 294; 2nd beta 8/26 - 4976; 1st u/s 9/2; 2nd u/s 9/9 - two little heartbeats at 140 each!!! 
    EDD: 29-April-2015
    Other Meds: Synthroid 100 mcg/daily

imageimageimage
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Not a twin mom, but I used a snap and go for a while before getting a stroller.  You snap the infant seat right in. You can even find them pretty readily on craigslist or even the facebook yard sale sites.  

• Options
    Not twins but I'll have 2u2(again) and we are looking at the Contours Options LT. Great price($250) and 6 or 7 different front/rear-facing configurations.
    Due with #5 April 22, 2015. It's a girl!!!!! 

Yes it was planned, yes we know what causes that, no we are not on public assistance, and yes we will be getting cable after this. ;)

• Options
    I don't have twins but when my DS was born we got the Baby Jogger City Elite double. I second was the PP said about Baby Jogger strollers... they are AWESOME. While I love my double for around the neighborhood and jogs, if I were to do it over again I'd get a Baby Jogger City Select with two seats. It's narrow and compact and easier to get around town, and if you decide to have another kid later on, one seat can be removed so you can just use it as a single stroller.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
    mmc and d&c at 8.5 weeks - 8/23/2010
    natural m/c and d&c at 10 weeks - 1/24/2014
    DX w/ hetero C677t and A1298C MTHFR - 3/4/2014

• Options
    Agree with PP's. We will have 2u2 and are getting the City Select by baby jogger. I have heard nothing but great tihngs about it.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We're looking at the City Select Double Stroller. It came highly recommended by our local twins club, and there are not lots of used options on their board. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"