April 2015 Moms
Options

No more cereal

Ok here lately everytime I eat cereal I get sick. Not throw up or digestive sick.... Break out in sweats, passing out sick! It only happens when I cereal! I'm not worried because I know this is an easy fix... I'm obviously going to refrain and I plan on talking to my doctor about it in a couple of days. Has anyone else experienced anything like this before?

Re: No more cereal

• Options
    ??????

Is it possible you are having an allergic reaction to milk?
  • Options
    mckaminskimckaminski member
    edited September 2014
    cork15 said:

??????

Is it possible you are having an allergic reaction to milk?

I suppose I could be but I have never been allergic to anything! I'm baffled! I grew up on cereal so this is a totally new development.

AND just to clarify other dairy hasn't bothered me at all... I have been eating lots of cheese and yogurt with no adverse effects! It's crazy!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If it is the same cereal every time perhaps you are sensitive to something in that particular cereal?
  • Options
    I'm having a really hard time with dairy since becoming pregnant. I've actually cut it out of my diet and bought calcium supplement. I felt like I had the flu every time I ate something dairy. Sever headaches, dizziness, break out in sweats. It took a while to pinpoint what was causing it, but have been feeling much better after cutting the dairy. I would talk to your dr first to make sure it's nothing else.
  • Options
    I didn't pass out, but with my last pregnancy I couldn't eat ice cream! (TMI warning) My body instantly evacuated (both ends) chills hot and cold sweats, stomach cramps. Mother natures cruel joke. This pregnancy I'm eating ALL the ICE CREAM!
    Hope you figure out what's wrong

BabyFruit Ticker

j13 sept. siggy challenge: Apples:

• Options
    Doesn't sound that weird to me. I feel sick after eating pretty much anything processed, and cereal is generally highly processed. I could see you developing a sensitivity to several different things common in cereal. If you are feeling brave you could try drinking just milk and see what happens. Or cereal without milk.
    Married to E on June 5, 2010
    Gave birth to baby boy, I, on March 25, 2012
    Gave birth to baby girl, A, on May 20, 2013
    Baby #3 due April 29, 2015

Recovering from mitochondrial dysfunction and Addison's/possibly very severe adrenal burn out using food, medicine, and a large amount of garden therapy.
  • Options
    niesp said:

If it is the same cereal every time perhaps you are sensitive to something in that particular cereal?

I thought about different cereals... So far Cheerios, fruit loops, Rice Krispies... The list goes on and on, same reaction.

So I'm leaning more towards milk as well. I'll let you guys know what the DR says!
  • Options
    I'm lactose intolerant and I can tell you yogurt and cheese do not have the same affect as milk on my system. I switched to eating my granola with yogurt and I'm perfectly fine. Having a glass of milk will upset my stomach (and cause a whole bunch of phlem) for a couple days.
  • Options
    Sounds like a blood sugar crash. Try having some protein with your carbs.
    Due with #5 April 22, 2015. It's a girl!!!!! 

Yes it was planned, yes we know what causes that, no we are not on public assistance, and yes we will be getting cable after this. ;)

• Options
    Exact same thing is happening to me. Assumed it was the milk so I've just laid off. Which sucks because I crave cereal!!
  • Options
    Same here... Switched to almond milk and I'm fine now
    cwarren~ mother of a beautiful baby girl.
  • Options
    Anicole14 said:
    I'm having a really hard time with dairy since becoming pregnant. I've actually cut it out of my diet and bought calcium supplement. I felt like I had the flu every time I ate something dairy. Sever headaches, dizziness, break out in sweats. It took a while to pinpoint what was causing it, but have been feeling much better after cutting the dairy. I would talk to your dr first to make sure it's nothing else.
    Have you tried Soy?  I really can't handle regular milk, but can get some extra calcium and protein with chocolate soy milk.  It's extra sugar, but since I'm still not eating super well I figure the extra calories can't hurt.
    Me (29), DH (30), Married 6/16/07
    #1: BFP 8/02/14, EDD 4/11/15

~~TEAM GREEN~~

BabyFruit Ticker   

****** April '15 January Siggy Challenge: Exercise/Workout Fails ****** image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"