February 2015 Moms

Re: Interesting read...

• Poor lil girl. That really sucks. Its not like it existed in the news 8 years ago when she was named. People giving the parents the side eye and defriending them need to buy a clue.
    -------------------------------
    Sarah, 35 bumping from NE Ohio
    Married my love 4/22/2006
    DD born 10/12/2009
    DS born sleeping 2/23/2013 full trisomy 18
    Baby 3 due 2/13/2015
    Pregnancy Ticker}
  • Huh.  I know an Isis and hadn't even thought about this.  People are messed up.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Hopefully, this is just a passing moment. In a few years, Isis will go back to being a girl's name that is not associated with a terrorist group. Or she will find a nickname, of her choosing, to go by instead (even though I don't feel like she has to do this. I just think if it were me, I would change my name). My husband had an app of some sort on his phone called ISIS. He just received an email stating they have rebranded to not be associated with the group. 

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Wow, people are such idiots. 
    Roslin Liora -- Due 2/8/15
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Anniversary
    image     image     image
  • Isis is much better as a name than a terrorist organization. I always thought it sounded more pretty than it did terrifying. I think it takes a certain kind of special to think a child more than a 2 years old could possibly be named after this specific group. I'm side-eyeing the name Al from now on (sarcasm). I personally think it's dumb to give anyone crap for their name since most of the people in the world didn't choose their own name.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"