Baby Names
Options

Opinions on Miles

We have had the hardest time deciding on a name for baby boy #3. Big brothers are Treston Clay and Tucker Neal. Last name starts with B ends in lock.
Our top name (at this moment) is Miles Henry. 

Thoughts on Miles--does it age well, go fine with our sibset, etc? Basically, I just need reassurance that this is "the name." I'm just tired of thinking about it and need to make a decision.
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Opinions on Miles

• Options
    Eh. I think it's okay. It seems to be very popular at the moment. I know three babies just named miles.
  • Options
    Love Miles Henry!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I absolutely LOVE Miles (and Miles Davis). It was on my short list, but my H vetoed it.
    Started adoption process in Jan. 2011.
    3 failed matches in 2012.
    Surprise pregnancy in Aug. 2012.
    Precious baby boy "HC" born May 2013.
    Began researching EA in 2014.
    No longer pursuing EA due to fibroid complications.
    Officially on the adoption home study wait list.

• Options
    DaisyZHDaisyZH member
    edited September 2014
    I love Miles. DS is Miles and we get nothing but compliments on his name. Surprisingly we also have yet to meet another little Miles.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker}

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    I like Henry miles.
    Ages better

No periods due to 17 years of ballet and distance running after college.  Zero response to 2 months of Clomid, little response to Letrozole.  IUI left with 9 cysts = too many viable eggs due to age.  On to IVF.  Low dose of all meds still produced 37 mature eggs 12.6.11.  Froze due to overstimulation.  

FET #1.1 1.22.12 BFN.   FET #1.2 2.22.12=GRACE! (and a vanishing twin).  

Grace Katherine born 10.25.12 @ 36w6w 6#14oz 19.5".
    FET #1.3 3.2013 BFN FET#1.4 4.2013 BFN. Never tried a fresh transfer.  Let's try, despite 10 still frozen.  
    ER 6.26.13 27 mature eggs, slight overstim. ET   7.1.13 ectopic, FET 2.1  9.10.14   TRIPLETS!!  

Boys born 3.18.14 @ 29w5d.  Andrew Jack 3#6oz 16", Grant Robert 3#9oz 16", Charles Phillip 3#7oz 17".

• Options
    I find this name to be very classic. I hope it's becoming popular because it's a very sophisticated name that ages well. Miles better than some of the other names gaining popularity (pun intended). Love this name!
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! I'm surprised by how many say they know several babies with this name. In my area, I have yet to meet a Miles and it was not in our states top 100 for 2013 so I feel pretty safe using it.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I love the name Miles and know three boys named Miles under the age of three. Maybe it's a regional thing?
  • Options
    I love Miles and do not know any little boys with that name.
  • Options
    I think Miles is a great name.  I have always had it on the back burner as a possible choice.  I personally do not know any children or adults for that matter with the name.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Great name!

• Options
    Gosh I love Miles/Milo

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I only know one boy with that name and he's 18! Not trending here right now... I do prefer Myles but that's just personal preference... Love it with Henry!
  • Options
    It sounds OK-- I don't really care for the name Miles though.  Henry is a great middle name though.  

I can run for Miles and Miles and Miles and Miles...  
  • Options
    I do know a couple of Miles, but I don't think that's a big deal.  I think it's a great name.
  • Options
    Love Miles/Milo.
    Wish I could convince DH. ;)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"