May 2015 Moms
Options

Sex with progesterone suppositories?

Sorry, it's a little tmi, but I'm wondering if any of you ladies are taking progesterone suppositories, and if so, have you had sex while using them? I'm so freaked out about having sex to begin with, so this is just adding to the anxiety.

Re: Sex with progesterone suppositories?

• Options
    I know people do I never have. I'm not on them now, I'm on PIO but I'm on estrace suppositories. I'm just to scared to have sex because sometimes it can cause spotting and I'm terrified of spotting.
    Fucking bump!!!!
  • Options
    I'm on them and we haven't yet either. I'm thinking of asking to switch to the progesterone pill because they're messy and because DH is worried about progesterone exposure. Definitely going to ask about effects at my appt this Thursday!
    Me: 32 DH: 32
    Met: 4/25/2004, Married 8/14/2010
    Off BC 1/2013 TTC (actively) since 5/2013
    5/2014 started testing with RE, me:  HSG normal, normal AMH, no cysts; DH: great sperm
    Unexplained IF + unexplained anovulation (post-pill vs hypothalamic)

7/2014 Clomid (monitored) + TI: BFN
    8/2014 Clomid (monitored) + TI: BFP #1: 9/12/2014, EDD 5/22/2015, MMC 10/11/2014 8w1d
    11/2014 Clomid + Novarel + IUI 12/5/14: BFFN
    12/2014 Comid + Novarel + IUI 1/3/15: ???

**PgAL/PAL welcome**

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm on them and honestly I'm so scared about spotting from sex that we've just avoided it.
  • Options
    I'm taking suppositories and we've had ST a few times since I started taking them. I'll wait until after we're done for my night dosage and it's been fine.
    Newest blog post 4/23/15
    Anniversary

• Options
    I was afraid to have sex on the suppositories too. We decided to go for it this morning after talking to two of our Dr. friends who said the progestrone won't harm him and we should just plan to have sex before putting one in. There was more "discharge" involved which I was slightly embarrassed about but other than that everything seems fine.

Side note. Are the suppositories making anyone else feel like death? I've been taking 200mg twice a day for almost a week and each time I take one I feel awful for about an hour. It's getting a little better but still pretty bad.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    In the beginning I would have minor cramping for up to an hour after inserting it, and not feeling to well in general right after. Now with all the other first trimester symptoms I don't know which is caused by the progesterone and what is just first trimester ickiness.
  • Options
    They make me feel like a zombie... So tired!
    Me: 32 DH: 32
    Met: 4/25/2004, Married 8/14/2010
    Off BC 1/2013 TTC (actively) since 5/2013
    5/2014 started testing with RE, me:  HSG normal, normal AMH, no cysts; DH: great sperm
    Unexplained IF + unexplained anovulation (post-pill vs hypothalamic)

7/2014 Clomid (monitored) + TI: BFN
    8/2014 Clomid (monitored) + TI: BFP #1: 9/12/2014, EDD 5/22/2015, MMC 10/11/2014 8w1d
    11/2014 Clomid + Novarel + IUI 12/5/14: BFFN
    12/2014 Comid + Novarel + IUI 1/3/15: ???

**PgAL/PAL welcome**

• Options
    @IFinTN‌ a hug! LOL

I'm on PIO shots, but when I took suppositories there was no way DH was getting anywhere near there
  • Options
    Wish4BabyMWish4BabyM member
    edited September 2014
    I take them once at night.. So we haven't been doing the deep a lot at all..I've been going to bed so much earlier lately and it will already be in.. So if anything happens it's in the morning or at night if we can back from somewhere before we head to bed. I de wouldn't do anything after just putting it in

TTC Since Nov 13
    Hubs 39 / ME 38
    MC April 2014
    5 mg Letrozole
    BFP August / EDD May 11th FX for Sticky BeanBabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I was on them for about a month following our IVF transfer until our first US and DH and I just didn't. Normally DH and I aren't insecure about much, especially when it comes to sex, but I just couldn't with those. I just felt so dirty all the time. All I wanted to do was shower!
    It's a girl!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    I'm not on them now but when I was taking them I would insert it after.
    May '15 January siggy challenge:
    * Me: 33, DH: 34 * Married 11.10.06 *
    DS 10.2.07 | DD 7.27.10 | 4 angel babies
    BFP #7 | EDD 5.15.15 | It's a BOY!
     BabyFetus Ticker  
    image  image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"