April 2014 Moms

Wichita Kansas?

My SO is interviewing for a big spot there- anyone know anything about the area state, etc? I know that a chick named Dorothy with red slippers was from there, but that's about it! TIA!

Re: Wichita Kansas?

• It's flat. And there are a lot of wind turbines there. DH was offered a FT position out there 1.5year ago. I was offered a position there at a tiny hospital and the DON seemed very nice. We decided not to go. Houses are dirt cheap we looked at a house built in 1910 with land and greater than 2k sqft for $33k.
  • Yeah, KS sucks :)  Essentially just like RDR says.  Flat, with the electricity windmills, and pockmarked with cities/towns.  But Wichita is a bigger place there, so there's hope?

IDK, we get a lot of dogs from Wichita into rescue.  I do have some volunteers that live there.  I know the vets really think highly of their skills and charge out the wazoo.  Sorry if you've got doggies :)
  • Loading the player...
  • We were stationed in Wichita for 3 years and I really enjoyed it there. There is a decent amount of things to do and Kansas City is only a few hours away. We lived in derby which is just south of Wichita. I was terrified of tornados but never had any scares. And Dorothy's house is actually IN Liberal,KS.
  • Thanks so much everyone!! My SO is still talking to them to set up a visit. @jodibolivar‌ I will totally take you up on that offer if it's a go!!
  • edited September 2014
    Edit: Opps wrong thread. Sorry it won't let me delete the picture.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"