May 2014 Moms

beach vacation with baby

Any advice?  Specifically I'm wondering what she'll sleep in.  We are renting a house.  Our pack and play is quite heavy so not sure we want to lug it along.  My sister may have a lighter one to take with us.   I found this small travel bassinet that folds up but don't think I feel comfortable putting it on the floor?  And it looks flimsy.  Thoughts?   Not comfortable with baby in bed as DH is a heavy sleeper and elbows me in the head as it is.

Any other beach vacation tips?   TIA!

Re: beach vacation with baby

• We're considering a similar trip in the fall, but will drive, so I'm planning on taking the PNP.   Good luck!
    Me-41, Hubby-40.
    1st BFP-8/17/12!  Missed Miscarriage discovered @ 8 week US.  D&C.
    2nd BFP-2/13/13!  Blighted Ovum discovered @ 8 week US. Natural miscarriage.
    3rd BFP-5/22/13!  By early June, progesterone plummeting.  Another loss.
    August 2013 - started Donor Egg process, but surprise BFP with my own eggs.
    Dear Son born 5/28/14
  • When we went out west for 10 days we were in and out of hotels and houses so we purchased this travel crib.

https://www.amazon.ca/BabyBjorn-040248CA-Play-Light-Silver/dp/B00LO1ES5M/ref=sr_1_2?s=baby&ie=UTF8&qid=1411752823&sr=1-2&keywords=babybjorn+travel+crib

It is pricey but I wanted a good quality one, that would work for plane travel and that we could use for a few years. It is awesome. We took 4 planes and checked it every time and had no issues. We used it every night and took it with us to different people's houses.

• Loading the player...
  • We took LO to the beach when he was 8 weeks old. We had our pack n play, we have a travel one that is very light. But he ended up sleeping in the rock n play most of the time instead.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP # 1 - 12/19/09 EDD 08/27/10 - D&C 1/26/10 @ 9w5d

BFP # 2 - 06/05/10 EDD 02/17/11, DS1 born on 2/14/11

BFP # 3 - 04/10/13 EDD 12/21/13 - D&C 05/15/13 @ 8w4d

BFP # 4 - 07/27/13 EDD 04/08/14 - CP 07/29/13

BFP # 5 - 09/14/13 EDD 05/28/14, DS2 born on 5/22/14 

• Well if she isn't sitting up and crawling there is the option of sleeping in a laundry basket, dresser drawer, cardboard box etc. DD1 slept in a cardboard box with a towel for a mattress when I had to go pack up my dad's apartment. Also, silly question, but did you ask the rental people if they have a crib/PNP available? Every hotel I stayed at with DD1 always did, but I haven't rented a vacation house before.
  • bunannie said:
    Depending on where you are going, there are companies that will rent you a pack and play and any other essentials if you don't want to take them with you. Here's one of them: https://babysaway.com/
    awesome! they have our location!  thank you!

• @lica001 I didn't even think to ask them but will.  Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"