Color opinions needed for crib/ dresser — The Bump
Nurseries and Baby Gear

Color opinions needed for crib/ dresser

Lauradi1010Lauradi1010
Fourth Anniversary 500 Comments 250 Love Its Photogenic
edited September 2014 in Nurseries and Baby Gear
Hello,

I'm currently agonizing over the color choices for my crib/ dresser set and could use some decorating opinions.   I have the crib bedding set picked out, but now am struggling to pick a coordinating color choice for our crib/ dresser.  The crib set I picked is the "spotty owls".  I also have some grey/ teal blankets & other baby items, but not sure if that makes a difference w/ the bedding set.  In all honesty I know I am out thinking this, but stupidly can't make a choice. Crib color choices are between Sun Valley Espresso and Simply White from Pottery Barn: we are getting Kendall crib.  Hubby and I want something "gender neutral" since we do not know the sex of the baby.  I had originally planned to paint nursery walls 2 tone-- off white on bottom w/ a warmer tan/ beige/ warm yellow tone on top.  I'm not sure which color scheme from pottery barn more compliments my ideas while keeping the options open for an older kid/ toddler room.  Which color do you think will be more useful in the long run?  Which color do you think is more versatile?  I worry that the Sun Valley may not be as girl friendly, but I also worry the white may be to girly in the long run if we have a boy.  Willing to listen to any and all input.  Thanks!
  Laugh, Giggle & Smile Spotty Owls Crib Bedding Collection  Kendall Fixed Gate CribKendall Fixed Gate Crib
Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Color opinions needed for crib/ dresser

• Lauradi1010Lauradi1010
    Fourth Anniversary 500 Comments 250 Love Its Photogenic
    edited September 2014
    Whoops.  Had some issues with attaching original pics where they didn't display.  Seems like they appear now. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I love that middle brown crib. would go great with the owl set if that is the one shown in the top pic. Brown is fine for either gender. Just remeber, crib bumpers are considered to be unsafe these days (unless is a breathable bumper) so no need to spend money on that component.

Regardless of what yoy pick, your baby will not complain.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
    dogperson11BeckyP005
  • I think both are gender neutral so you could go either way from that perspective.  I like the espresso with the bedding you chose, and I also think it would be a nice contrast with lighter/neutral walls if that is your plan.  I also tend to agree with LittleFish1, in that, the baby won't mind either way.  Design the nursery so you will feel comfortable there as well, because you will probably end up spending a fair amount of time in there. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks ladies, you are definitely making me feel better.  The original crib company I planned to order from went bankrupt, so at last minute I found myself looking at options I hadn't considered.  I tend to be a control freak and this really threw me for a loop.  The wall color choices have been narrowed to the following colors: 

Benjamin Moore's Governors Gold CW-395 - placed in a mastersuite this lends sophistication and oppulence to nuetral jannino painting + design Boston/Cape Cod Clearwater/St Pete Ft Myers/Naples - our Benjamin Moore Williamsburg Collection FAVES!Franklin White CW-200Benjamin Moore Williamsburg Collection Timson Sand CW-140Benjamin Moore Williamsburg Collection Market Square Shell CW-30-this elegant neutral is fresh and sophisticated
    Pregnancy Ticker

• We honestly do not know which other pieces are going in baby's room aside fromt he dresser/ changing table combo. We have a few hand me down pieces coming, buthave yet to see them. We figured worse case scenario they can be painted.
    Pregnancy Ticker