Baby Showers

I needed to share this tacky with people who understand

divinemsbeedivinemsbee member
edited September 2014 in Baby Showers
Not baby related, but it's a Facebook 'friend' of mine (former co-worker who I never got around to deleting). Apparently she's getting married, and here is the post:

---Hello people! I am getting married October 11, 2014! For those of you that received an invitation please, please go RSVP. The cut off date was Sept 11. I need to order food, but as of now many of you are going to be very hungry and thirsty. I can only afford to buy food and drinks for the people I know are coming. If you are in my wedding party, and still not RSVd shame on you, please do so, and family member. I'm not trying to be ugly, I just need to know how much food to order. If you ca not make it, please RSVP and say you will not be coming. I will order the food MONDAY, if you have not RSVPd by Sunday night, please come to the wedding, but eat before, lol. I'm sorry it is like this, but I have been begging everyone to do so. Our wedding website and honeymoon registry is weddingwebsitedotcom. Here you can see information about the wedding and our life together as well buy us a gift. For those of you that did not receive an invitation, I am very sorry, we could only have so many because of the budget. But hey if some of these ppl doesn't RSVP, your in Again thank you all, groom'sname and I have worked really hard to make this day wonderful and I'm so excited and cant wait to see everyone!---

Followed by a link to their honeymoon registry. This is just up on her Facebook, not a PM or anything. Stay classy.

TTC #1 since 11/2012
Me-31, H-27
**Loss 1-Cycle 7(June 2013) at 5w6d-CP**Loss 2-Cycle 11(October 2013) at 5w4d-CP**
**Loss 3-Cycle 14 (January-February 2014)-M/C dx 2/10, EP dx 2/24, MTX 2/25**
Beta Hell--hCG finally down to 0 - 6/20/14
SA normal. Genetic testing normal. Hormonal testing normal.
HSG 6/30/14 - found blocked left tube and 2 'bubbles' on uterine wall.
Hysteroscopy/Lap--8/4/14 - Tubes unblocked. Polyps removed from uterine wall. Septum removed.
 9/30/14--Off the bench! Unmedicated TI through December 2014
BFP 12/14/14!!! Beta #1, 12/16: 990 Beta #2, 12/18: Over 2000! Beta #3, 12/22: over 8000!
 U/S #1, 12/23: gestational sac, possible heartbeat
U/S #2, 12/30: HEARTBEAT! 128bpm, measuring right on at 7w EDD: 8/19/2015
U/S #3, 1/9: BPM in the 180s, IT'S HAPPENING!!!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: I needed to share this tacky with people who understand

• Oh my grossness.

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Sigh....

She says all that like she's U-NEEK!!!!  Most people who throw any big event- they really do want to know, too, how many people to order food for.  SHOCKING, I know!!! 

While I luckily have yet to experience klassiness like this, it's this kind of crap that would make me seriously consider NOT going and NOT sending a gift.
  • Loading the player...
  • Darbie914 said:
    So gross.

Has anyone replied to her post?  I'd love to see the responses she gets.
    No comments, but 5 likes. What is this world coming to?

TTC #1 since 11/2012
    Me-31, H-27
    **Loss 1-Cycle 7(June 2013) at 5w6d-CP**Loss 2-Cycle 11(October 2013) at 5w4d-CP**
    **Loss 3-Cycle 14 (January-February 2014)-M/C dx 2/10, EP dx 2/24, MTX 2/25**
    Beta Hell--hCG finally down to 0 - 6/20/14
    SA normal. Genetic testing normal. Hormonal testing normal.
    HSG 6/30/14 - found blocked left tube and 2 'bubbles' on uterine wall.
    Hysteroscopy/Lap--8/4/14 - Tubes unblocked. Polyps removed from uterine wall. Septum removed.
     9/30/14--Off the bench! Unmedicated TI through December 2014
    BFP 12/14/14!!! Beta #1, 12/16: 990 Beta #2, 12/18: Over 2000! Beta #3, 12/22: over 8000!
     U/S #1, 12/23: gestational sac, possible heartbeat
    U/S #2, 12/30: HEARTBEAT! 128bpm, measuring right on at 7w EDD: 8/19/2015
    U/S #3, 1/9: BPM in the 180s, IT'S HAPPENING!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • leela02leela02 member
    edited September 2014
    So she invited more people than she can afford to feed? That's smart.

And she's so desperate to get her RSVPs that she can't directly text or call the relevant people in a polite manner? This woman is a genius.
  • That is a special level of gross.
    TB is dead.

|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Chart[/url]
    || <a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com" style="font-size:smaller;" >Ovulation Cha
  • I am praying this isn't real. Then some of my faith in humanity may be restored.

• leela02 said:

And she's so desperate to get her RSVPs that she can't directly text or call the relevant people in a polite manner? This woman is a genius.
    She obviously has a very large guest list. Ain't nobody got time to track down all these people who haven't responded.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • melody921 said:
    leela02 said:

She obviously has a very large guest list. Ain't nobody got time to track down all these people who haven't responded.
    Yet those invitees better have time to visit her website and buy her gifts.
  • Ewww!

-------------------------------
    Sarah, 35 bumping from NE Ohio
    Married my love 4/22/2006
    DD born 10/12/2009
    DS born sleeping 2/23/2013 full trisomy 18
    Baby 3 due 2/13/2015
    Pregnancy Ticker}
  • Really?

Plus, basing the decision to order food for the wedding party based on RSVP? You don't know if they are coming?
    baby boy: 3.19.2014
  • Oh.... I'm actually speechless
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I hope about 20 ppl reply yes and then don't show

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"