September 2012 Moms
Options

Thursday Schmursday Dangit

tinyhumantoetinyhumantoe member
edited September 2014 in September 2012 Moms
ETA:  I honestly, truly thought it was Tuesday.  Yikes.

------
HEY!

What's up?

We got a card in the mail from a distant barely relative of DH that we've both met maybe twice.  "We tied the knot" with a picture of her with her hand over her mouth like "oops," her H kissing her cheek with his hand on her belly..... i.e. they are expecting.  On the back, "We would like to thank our family and friends for all their love and support!  Registered at Bed Bath & Beyond #5555555555"

Oy.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green

Re: Thursday Schmursday Dangit

• Options
    ...it's Thursday.

Hahaha.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Tomorrow is Hannah's birthday.  I just started back at work this week, so I didn't think they'd be thrilled if I wanted the day off.

H took off, and is taking her to the Syracuse zoo, and Build a Bear, and it will probably be the most awesome day in her 2 years.

...and I'm missing it. #momguilt

• Options
    BunkinMama said:
    @tinyhumantoe‌ instantly feels closer to the weekend
    I'm sort of freaking out because of what I have left to do for the week.  It is no bueno.

I'm thinking of renaming my new outside cat Dumpster instead of Stanley Pickle.  He is so freaking rough looking.  He smells like straight up poop.  He'd eat me alive if I tried to give him a bath, so poop it is. 

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Options
    My steroids have started making me break out again. So now I'm chubby and pimply just like a teenager again, hooray for medicine! It's making me want to spent a ridiculous amount of money on makeup. I need ALL the coverup.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageVisit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
  • Options
    ETA:  I honestly, truly thought it was Tuesday.  Yikes.

------
    HEY!

What's up?

We got a card in the mail from a distant barely relative of DH that we've both met maybe twice.  "We tied the knot" with a picture of her with her hand over her mouth like "oops," her H kissing her cheek with his hand on her belly..... i.e. they are expecting.  On the back, "We would like to thank our family and friends for all their love and support!  Registered at Bed Bath & Beyond #5555555555"

Oy.
    Good Lord, the tackiness. I'm sure you're rushing right out to get a gift.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    BPer said:
    Tomorrow is Hannah's birthday.  I just started back at work this week, so I didn't think they'd be thrilled if I wanted the day off.

H took off, and is taking her to the Syracuse zoo, and Build a Bear, and it will probably be the most awesome day in her 2 years.

DH took DS for the day to the children's museum and lunch then extended the day so I could get some me time. It was glorious! I then in turn took him on his birthday to do the same thing and we each had amazing times with him one on one. You'll get your chance. It's so good for them to have some one on one.

• Options
    I had tickets to see Rascal Flatts tomorrow night, and the concert got canceled :-(

• Options

H and I took B for a run last night. He's a way faster runner than me so it was a struggle to keep up. Running is hard man. I thought for sure I'd be ridiculously sore this morning but I wasn't. I mean I'm sore but I can go up stairs and stuff.

I thought B's 2 year check up was today. Thank god they called last night for the reminder. It's tomorrow. So my Friday will be cut short. Oh darn!

• Options
    I have something to confess that I am ashamed of.  I haven't had a doc appt since my 12 w appt.  I walked out on my 8/19 appointment after sitting in the waiting room for 45 minutes (previous appt was 2.5 hours to see the nurse practitioner for 10 min).  I don't see my new doc until next Wed.  My insurance pre-approval took 30 days.  I probably should have called them every day to get a faster response.

• Options
    @misscheapandchic What happened?!  Is everything ok?  :(

• Options

I thought "tied the knot" meant they got married.

It does. And they are expecting, which is a total guess. Am I seeing this right? (Will delete later)

• Options
    It does. And they are expecting, which is a total guess. Am I seeing this right? (Will delete later)

if they were registered at babies r us I would think they are expecting, she just looks like she has a little extra skin.

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
  • Options
    So did I. I figured it was a 2-in-1 kind of announcement -- we're married and knocked up! Buy us stuff.

• Options
    We have a play date in an hour and Colby is just. Ugh. Struggling. I just want to make all these transitions as easy as possible for them. They are both acting out and I don't know what to do about it. Oh, does anyone have any good book recs for Keagan about why lying isn't ok ? :(

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
  • Options
    Maybe she's not pregnant? Do you know what she usually looks like to be able to tell if she's pregnant or that's her normal shape?

• Options
    I had tickets to see Rascal Flatts tomorrow night, and the concert got canceled :-(
    That sucks. Did you get a refundable option or a rescheduled concert date?
    They issued refunds. My mom actually bought the tix as a bday gift and we were going together. They didn't reschedule or say why it was off.

• Options
    Another internal position was posted today at the university.  It's only 7k more a year, but it's a state position.  I'm trying to figure out of it'd be worth it, considering it would screw over my office.

• Options
    BPer said:

I hope you're planning to get an a/s!  Or are you one of those crazy team green-ers?  I must know what is occupying your ute.
    Ughhhhh :(   I just thought, dang good point BPer - I want DH to be there if they are going to do an a/s.  So I called to see if that would be taking place at my appointment to know if he should come or not.  Instead of saying there isn't one scheduled for that appointment, she said they don't guarantee an ultrasound unless something is wrong.

I thought oh, she thinks I'm an u/s freak that wants one at every appointment.  I explained that I had not had an u/s with this pregnancy and had not been seen by a doctor since 12 weeks, so I am only referring to the single a/s that standard practice.  She repeated they don't guarantee an u/s.  I said wait, it's not standard practice at your office to do one a/s at some point during the pregnancy?  She said they don't just do an u/s to determine sex.  I said I'm not worried about the sex, I'd like an ANATOMY scan, where the heart chambers are assessed along with all other non-gential development.  *SIGH* 

I clarified that I don't care when it happens as long as it is within the proper timeframe per the doctor's opinion, but I am switching from another practice and I am not switching to a practice that does not do a single a/s.  I'm fine with being team green, but what the fuck do I have to do to get a good practice around here? 

I'm thinking this was just a misunderstanding?  I wanted to punch her if she said guarantee one more time.  Jesus.  I'm not recording her call or asking her to sign a paper.  Based on my anger the past couple weeks, I'm guessing my hormones are in full swing and I am not a very rational person lately. 

• Options
    BPer said:
    Another internal position was posted today at the university.  It's only 7k more a year, but it's a state position.  I'm trying to figure out of it'd be worth it, considering it would screw over my office.
    You leaving would screw the office, or you taking this specific position would?

• Options
    I'm starting my christmas shopping now becuase we're gone the first week of December then the following weekend we're celebrating christmas with my brother and his family. I need to buy both christmas/birthday gifts for my neice who will be 1 at the end of December. I already got her a thing of tub toys because I heard she needs some and thought about the Vtech walker. B still plays with his. What else can I get? Their house is really small so ntohing too big. Plus they'll need to haul it back with them in a car. I'm stumped!

• Options
    @tinyhumantoe  Maybe once you see the OB, they'll either send you for, or order an a/s.

I have never actually heard of a practice that does not do an anatomy scan.

• Options
    BPer said:
    @tinyhumantoe  Maybe once you see the OB, they'll either send you for, or order an a/s.

I agree.  Or you could ask to speak with a nurse.  Perhaps they can give you more information. 
  • Options
    BPer said:
    You leaving would screw the office, or you taking this specific position would?
    My leaving.  Mostly because of how the university handles hiring new personnel.  A search committee has to be formed, and the whole process takes at least 2 months.  The position has to be open for internal applicants for 2 weeks, then external for another 4, and THEN they can start scheduling interviews.  And they do at least 2 rounds of interviews.  I had 3 for my job.

In the meantime, all of my work would fall on this woman, who can be a raging bitch...but it still seems unfair and shitty of me.  She couldn't even cover half of my work while I was on ML.  All of my patenting stuff was set aside, and now I'm scrambling.

• Options
    BPer said:

Aw, that's tough.  But what a fun time for the two of them!  You'll have to take her for a Hannah day another time.  She'll love it no matter what day it is.  

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• Options
    KisstyKissty member
    edited September 2014
    BPer said:
    BPer said:
    That is not something you should have to worry about. You have to do what is right for you and your family. However they handle a replacement is their responsibilty and not yours. I understand what you're feeling but again not your responsibility. You leaving would screw the office, or you taking this specific position would?
    My leaving.  Mostly because of how the university handles hiring new personnel.  A search committee has to be formed, and the whole process takes at least 2 months.  The position has to be open for internal applicants for 2 weeks, then external for another 4, and THEN they can start scheduling interviews.  And they do at least 2 rounds of interviews.  I had 3 for my job.

In the meantime, all of my work would fall on this woman, who can be a raging bitch...but it still seems unfair and shitty of me.  She couldn't even cover half of my work while I was on ML.  All of my patenting stuff was set aside, and now I'm scrambling.
    ETA: WTF TB-Why are you messing with my response

imageimage 

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Pokedot said:

I'm starting my christmas shopping now becuase we're gone the first week of December then the following weekend we're celebrating christmas with my brother and his family. I need to buy both christmas/birthday gifts for my neice who will be 1 at the end of December. I already got her a thing of tub toys because I heard she needs some and thought about the Vtech walker. B still plays with his. What else can I get? Their house is really small so ntohing too big. Plus they'll need to haul it back with them in a car. I'm stumped!

Christmas gifts all over Zulily today, FYI...
  • Options
    FFTC: We have never taken a day off for either of the kids' birthdays. I'd like to, of course, but it never seems to work out.
  • Options
    We have a play date in an hour and Colby is just. Ugh. Struggling. I just want to make all these transitions as easy as possible for them. They are both acting out and I don't know what to do about it. Oh, does anyone have any good book recs for Keagan about why lying isn't ok ? :(
    I don't have a book rec, but I've been really trying to instill in DS that we always need to tell the truth and that he's not going to get in trouble for telling the truth, but he will for a lie.

• Options
    Christmas gifts all over Zulily today, FYI...

This is what made me ask the question! ;)

• Options
    MRoxy0628 said:
    BPer said:

I agree.  Or you could ask to speak with a nurse.  Perhaps they can give you more information. 
    Even though it's standard practice, I don't think it's really "required" per se.  I know in plenty of developed countries a u/s isn't standard during pregnancy at all.

Our insurance wouldn't cover it unless it was deemed "necessary" by the practice.  Since I switched to them halfway through my pregnancy, they finagled it being "necessary."  But technically...it wasn't necessary per the insurance.

As for your first point, THT, I don't think skipping OB appointments is that huge of a deal.  Seriously...if it makes you as the expectant mom feel more confident to go every month and then every two weeks...cool.  But I don't believe it's medically necessary most of the time.
  • Options
    FFTC: We have never taken a day off for either of the kids' birthdays. I'd like to, of course, but it never seems to work out.
    Neither have I.

• Options
    melody921 said:
    Neither have I.
    I didn't even think of taking a day off.  Never something my parents did, never something I would have expected of them.  

I probably never will.

I'm in no way conflicted about that decision.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"