April 2015 Moms

Has anyone been able to find their uterus yet?

I'm still feeling quite bloated most days so am struggling to tell exactly where my uterus is. Sometimes I think I can feel it first thing, like a hard semi circle just above pubic hair line. Has anyone found it for sure yet? I am currently 13 weeks.

Re: Has anyone been able to find their uterus yet?

• miahbelle said:
    Ok, maybe I'm nuts, out of the loop or just a little abnormal, but what is the fascination with "finding" your uterus? Is it some strange mile stone? Why on earth would you wanna poke around your stomach/abdomen when you're bloated and cramping and queasy? Am I missing the significance of this? Edited because I'm not expressing myself well this evening.
    I think it is an important milestone and have starting wondering the same thing myself. It's clear from time-lapse images that although the uterus has grown quite a bit by the end of the first trimester, it simply has the effect of pushing your intestines up and out.  So when you touch your belly (blump), you're basically just feeling your gut! At some point in the second trimester, your uterus clearly protrudes and moves to the surface and stays there for the rest of the pregnancy.... It will be cool to know when that occurs!
  • Loading the player...
  • I can feel mine above my pubic bone. This is my second PG though, even my Dr mentioned at my appt. this week that it's pretty high!

BFP #1 4/10/12 D&C 6/5/12@ 12.5wks EDD 12/17/12
    BFP #2 9/10/12 CP 9/19/12@ 5.5wks EDD 5/21/13
    BFP# 3 12/3/12...Lukas James born 8/15/13
    BFP# 4 8/4/14 EDD 4/13/15

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• I can feel the top of my uterus about 2 in over my pubic bone. It is my second pregnancy. It's nice to feel that things are progressing.

BabyFruit Ticker
    16 Ch. du Barrage, Lac-Beauport

• No, I can't. But I'm also heavy.
  • Ute goggles help.

More seriously, I actually don't know what I'm feeling. My 12 week appt is today and that question is on my list.
    Me: 27
    DH: 34

Ticker id: Q1i7

Lilypie - (qjIQ)

Building a family since 12/29/12!
  • picklesxpicklesx member
    edited September 2014
    I can feel mine slightly above my pelvis. This is my second pregnancy.
    BabyFetus Ticker

Corbin | born 4.19.12
    Baby boy #2 | due 4.13.15
  • I call feel mine, dead in the center between belly button and pubic bone. My doctors are always surprised by my uterus growth and after birth. Apparently my uterus grows faster than normal and goes down fairly quickly after delivery. :)
    BabyFetus Ticker

• I don't even know what to feel for lol. I'm sure it's there hiding behind the hugeness that is now my lower stomach :/

I have a tattoo on my lower abdomen. I cried a little that my pouch was already sticking out so much I couldn't see it anymore.

I just feel fat and don't want to go poking around.
  • I internally felt my uterus last night after I went to the bathroom. It was probably a really light braxton hicks contraction. I guess I'm too blubbery around my middle to feel it poking around. 
    Married to E on June 5, 2010
    Gave birth to baby boy, I, on March 25, 2012
    Gave birth to baby girl, A, on May 20, 2013
    Baby #3 due April 29, 2015

Recovering from mitochondrial dysfunction and Addison's/possibly very severe adrenal burn out using food, medicine, and a large amount of garden therapy.
  • I can feel it from the inside if that makes sense--like when DS sits on my lap there's an uncomfortable pressure there that's distinct from the way the rest of my belly feels.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • My doctors showed me how to feel mine at week 11 and again at week 13. It is becoming more pronounced. While perhaps there is a small baby bump here at this point, I'm quite certain it has a blump layer insulating it, not to mention the spare tire sitting atop it. Like a blump hula-hoop. Not cute.

Me: 34 DH: 36

Married since 11/11/11
    BFP#1 10/5/13 MC 11/11/13 @9wks 3d
    BFP#2 7/20/14 EDD 4/4/15

• I can definitely feel mine (no, I'm not showing). I had an appt this week at 10+3 and asked my OB if I was crazy. She said nope, and followed the outline of it, just where I thought it was, a couple inches above the pubic bone. She said it's easiest to feel in the morning...
    Just a little trippy!
  • Update: Yes, my midwife confirmed I can feel my uterus, I just can't "feel" anything there. It's squishy! Also, I got confirmation that my baby is spastic and I can feel him/her jump when poked. Soooo strange.
    Me: 27
    DH: 34

Ticker id: Q1i7

Lilypie - (qjIQ)

Building a family since 12/29/12!
  • edited September 2014
    The top of mine is about two thirds of the way up between hairline and belly button(about 2 inches below belly button), 5th baby. If you have uterine contractions after sex that makes it really easy to find.
    Due with #5 April 22, 2015. It's a girl!!!!! 

Yes it was planned, yes we know what causes that, no we are not on public assistance, and yes we will be getting cable after this. ;)

• @QSB‌ (quote box failed)
    Oh - well then. No one mentioned that was a mile stone to me. Oh well. I still maintain that I don't wanna be poking around my a abdomen right now. But it's too early to find mine anyway.
  • I can feel mine at night/morning when laying down--most of the time barely above my pelvic bone but this morning it was halfway to my bellybutton. I'm only 9 1/2 weeks, but this is my second pregnancy and I'm having twins.

I think it's nice to feel because sometimes I don't feel pregnant at all (or worry I'm not anymore, or wonder what's up in there). I also like giving it a pat and saying hello in there!!
  • I'm pretty sure my uterus is north of my va-jay-jay. Lmao jk
  • I was able to palpate mine for the first time this morning. Lying down with a full bladder. I didn't want to do too much poking but it was definitely there.
    BFP 8/8/14 - EDD 4/22/15

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have no clue! Lol i have my 12 week appt on weds so i'm going to ask my doc. It all just feels like skin/jiggle...
    Together since 5.16.05 (16 & 19yo)
    Married since 3.6.10 (21 & 24yo)
    Baby Olivia coming 4.14.15 <3 (26 & 29yo)

January Siggy Challenge: Fitness Fails

• I can't feel mine. It's firmer down there, and I think it looks bigger above my pubic bone (we're not mentioning my bloating middle section!) but I can't feel anything specifically. I can even still lay on my stomach fairly comfortably, and I'm 12 weeks! Sad.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"