July 2013 Moms
Options

CPW: How mad at your MIL can you become

sparkymcgeeesparkymcgeee member
edited September 2014 in July 2013 Moms
How mad at your MIL do you become when we find out she screwed over her own child's credit by not paying on a bill in both their names?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more

CPW: How mad at your MIL can you become 101 votes

Mad
3% 4 votes
Super mad
9% 10 votes
Furious
17% 18 votes
Beyond livid
23% 24 votes
All of the above
40% 41 votes
SS
3% 4 votes

Re: CPW: How mad at your MIL can you become

• Options
    I said super mad, but I can't even image her doing something like that. Her kids (and grandkids) are her life, she the typical farm house mom.
    I'm guessing you MIL did and that sucks, sorry.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Pretty furious. Buuuuuuuuuut if it's something that DH can get his name off of, fault's on him a little too. Obviously don't know your situation and if it was avoidable, but I know DH is super anal about his name being on stuff and if it has to be, then he monitors whether it's paid or not. I'd definitely still be mad though.
    imageView Full Size Image

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    DH had an account before my time. Like 9 year ago. His mom was supposed to pay it. She just stopped paying and didn't tell him. He settled 7 years ago. They failed to process the paperwork. He moved. Then got married. Then moved again. Four years later and he gets a call that he's being served and they need to give him the paperwork. So we settled and paid it but I'm so pissed. 
    I obviously gave you the shorthand version. There's a lot and MIL doesn't have the paperwork and since DH was a teenager at the time neither does he. So I've taken care of it and his credit isn't ruined but it was a hit. I'm still super pissed though. Just because we haven't heard from them and he settled and it's not our fault they didn't process the settlement and why would his mother just stop paying. Anyway enough. I'm just pissed. That was Christmas money. Guess Christmas is leaner this year.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

Meimsx no more
  • Options
    Pretty furious. Buuuuuuuuuut if it's something that DH can get his name off of, fault's on him a little too. Obviously don't know your situation and if it was avoidable, but I know DH is super anal about his name being on stuff and if it has to be, then he monitors whether it's paid or not. I'd definitely still be mad though.
    Yeah there's some fault on him for sure. He should have made sure the matter was closed when he settled but he was a teenager. His mom on the other had was in her fifties. 

Meimsx no more
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Mad enough to kill.

Well, almost.

• Options
    Yeah there's some fault on him for sure. He should have made sure the matter was closed when he settled but he was a teenager. His mom on the other had was in her fifties. 
    Oh ya in that case I'd be pissssssssssssed. As a teenager that's not on him (ok well a little bit), and really his mom needed to take care of it.
    imageView Full Size Image

• Options
    I'd be so so angry. But I'm confused. If this was that long ago, it should have fallen off his credit already, right? Also I'm shocked that someone called before serving him. Obviously he is an honest guy, but I've never heard of that seeing as a lot of people would run. Anyway - boo MIL.
  • Options
    My DH would be pissed that can mess with his career

• Options
    I feel ya. DH's dad did that to my DH, but it's not the the worst he's done so I just have to shrug. Luckily, my credit is awesome. Lol
  • Options
    PickleX said:
    I'd be so so angry. But I'm confused. If this was that long ago, it should have fallen off his credit already, right? Also I'm shocked that someone called before serving him. Obviously he is an honest guy, but I've never heard of that seeing as a lot of people would run. Anyway - boo MIL.
    Not only did it not fall off but it was accruing interest the whole time. 

Meimsx no more
  • Options

PickleX said:

:-q X( >:/ >-)

• Options
    PickleX said:
    Noooo! That's awful! Keep the paperwork in the safest, strongest, most fireproof box! 
  • Options
    Beyond livid. Happened to us, my father in law opened a credit card in my husbands name (my husband is a Jr) after he filed bankruptcy. I will never look at them the same.
  • Options
    Hell no. That's messed up. I'm sorry you are having to deal with that. :(
  • Options
    I would be seriously pissed. To me your credit is your word, your handshake, to have someone else screw that up for you is beyond annoying. To make matters worse your parents, especially after all you guys do for her. I wouldn't be speaking to her for a while. 
    H born 07/02/2013
  • Options
    PrimRoseMamaPrimRoseMama member
    edited September 2014
    I would be gob smacked if my MIL did this. Then I'd be homicidal.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Beyond livid.  If they want to screw themselves over, more power to them, but they shouldn't have done something like this when your husband was the one to receive all of the ramifications (well, your husband and your family).
  • Options
    In that case, beyond livid. You don't screw over your kids.
  • Options
    Sadly this isn't surprising and feels like a punch to the gut when we give them money every month. Maybe this is the reason they are poor. And her pride. It's such a ridiculous thing. She refuses to go on disability even though she's bedridden, but she doesn't bat an eye at asking her kids for money or doing something like this. It's a good thing they live so far away. I need the distance right now. 

Meimsx no more
  • Options
    Sadly this isn't surprising and feels like a punch to the gut when we give them money every month. Maybe this is the reason they are poor. And her pride. It's such a ridiculous thing. She refuses to go on disability even though she's bedridden, but she doesn't bat an eye at asking her kids for money or doing something like this. It's a good thing they live so far away. I need the distance right now. 
    I'm all for helping parents but she needs to file for disability. That's not fair to you.
    I know. She refuses. Says she didn't work enough in her life to qualify. Well my uncle hasn't worked a single hour of his life and he gets plenty. So whatever. I'm pissed and honestly I would love to cut her off from our monthly contribution but I won't. 

Meimsx no more
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    I wouldn't help anymore until she had filed. I'm sorry.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"