Mace
0% 0 votes
Cardamom
2% 2 votes
SS
2% 2 votes

Re: CPW: Your favorite "sweet" spice?

• Loading the player...
  • Yum... hard to pick. Allspice reminds me of my honeymoon in Belize because it grew all over the place. I love ginger too, and its very versatile.
    K & M married 10.8.2011 *** BFP 7.17.2012, EDD 3.21.2013, Miscarriage at 6 wks 3 days *** BFP #2 11.7.2012, beautiful Tess born 7.11.2013
  • KikiCohen said:
    It's a toss up between nutmeg and ginger.  

One night, DH mistook the ginger for garlic powder.  Needless to say, it does NOT make a good pasta topping.
    @KikiCohen, that's a heck of a mixup!  :-&

I feel like cardamom is the forgotten spice. I like that and cinnamon. I think it's easy to over use nutmeg and cloves but they're good in smaller amounts.
    @Audrey1787 - I always forget about cardamom. :D

martyn17 said:
    Yum... hard to pick. Allspice reminds me of my honeymoon in Belize because it grew all over the place. I love ginger too, and its very versatile.
    @marty17 - that had to smell so amazing. I've never been to Belize but it sounds like a nice place to visit!
  • I like them all but I chose cloves because you can smoke them, too.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• I love nutmeg and cardamom. I once accidentally dumped way too much cinnamon in my oatmeal (the top fell off) and tried to eat it so as not to waste food. Ever since then it hasn't tasted so good.
  • @EagleWife‌ They're about the same color so I guess that's why.
  • I feel like cardamom is the forgotten spice. I like that and cinnamon. I think it's easy to over use nutmeg and cloves but they're good in smaller amounts.

Wholeheartedly agree!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • KikiCohen said:
    @EagleWife‌ They're about the same color so I guess that's why.
    @KikiCohen, Oh I totally get how it could happen, I just meant that getting garlic when expecting ginger or getting ginger when expecting garlic would be soo bad. 

My friend used cumin instead of cinnamon in her french toast before. =))
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"