January 2013 Moms

Food allergies article

https://www.kcet.org/living/food/food-rant/reason-behind-increasing-food-allergies-discovered.html

"Scientists took a group of mice with peanut allergies and gave them the gut bacteria Clostridia, a bacteria found commonly in humans. After administering it, they found that the mice no longer had food allergies."

Re: Food allergies article

• Thanks for the article.  DS hasn't shown any allergies yet, but I have a cousin who has the laundry list of things he can't eat.

I've long been a believer of the importance of good gut bacteria and the detriment of gut permeability leading to so many of our modern health issues, it's the main reason I limit sugar as much as I can and stay away from grains and gluten.  I don't have an intolerance or allergy, I just feel so much better when I don't eat it, and I have to believe part of it is because it makes my gut happy.
    Me: unexplained infertility - annovulatory DH: testicular cancer survivor!! TTC since June 2009 BFP May 11, 2012 EDD January 24, 2013 June 1, 2012 - first u/s, heartbeat 124 BPM!! June 22, 2012 - heard the heartbeat 9w1d 181 BPM!! 24 hours of labor, 4 1/2 hours of pushing, and IT'S A BOY! Welcome to the world my miracle, we prayed and prayed for you, and we can't believe you're here!
  • So interesting! I've had food allergies and sensitivities my whole life, and have seen a fleet of different allergists over the years--and it is so amazing how LITTLE we truly understand about food allergies, what causes them, and how to treat them! It's exciting to see what new studies are starting to show!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks for the article! I've actually been reading more and more about the importance of "gut health". I had to take a somewhat regular low dose anti-biotic when pregnant with DD because I had a bad recurring UTI problem. I hope and pray that doesn't affect her too much in the long run. I know antibiotics can damage/destroy the "good bacteria" in our stomachs which can cause us to get more sick and develop allergies. DD just now has had her first antibiotic and I am definitely giving her a probiotic and lots of yogurt.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"